Options

Re-use report object number causes system to crash-2013R2 38053

NoelineNoeline Member Posts: 54
Hi

I am busy developing a number of customized reports in the 50000 range. I am having problems if I delete a report and want to re-use that number. Or if I renumber/rename a report. Sometimes the new report still has the filters of the old report and gives an error when trying to run. Other times the RTC client crashes when I run the report . Any advice on how to remove ALL traces of the old deleted report to prevent these problems?

Regards - Noeline

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Hi,

Use table 2000000080 – “Page Data Personalization” to clean up.
    Also remember there is a (I believe it was some 30 secs) delay before changes get picked up by the service tier.

Hope it helps.
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • Options
    Hi. Thanks. I tried that before but it did not do the trick. The filter settings are one issue, but in addition it seems as if it is keeping rdlc or some info or something somewhere and 'merges' it with the new report somehow, causing the crash.

What I did last night was to delete the report 50113, then import it from a previous version, then delete it again. This seems to clear any lingering code and I am now able to use object 50113 again for a new report. I suspect the import cleared any remaining info that may have existed before.

Not ideal but at least I can use the object number again.
  • Options
    Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    Any chance your error in EventLog was the following:
    Message: Could not find matching column binders for all of the given field ids. ?

Had the same issue you described with a report in 2013R2 as well a few weeks back.
    However on other machines it worked. I reset all the user personalizations (via RTC) - did the trick.
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • Options
    Hi. Clearing personalizations did not work. Only thing that worked was deleting the object and then re-importing.
  • Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    Restart the service tier.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Options
    Restarting the service tier made no difference. Restarting the computer also made no difference.
  • Options
    kaspermoerchkaspermoerch Member Posts: 43
    edited 2016-09-08
    The previously used filters on Report Request Pages are stored in the PersonalizationStore.xml file usually located in "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV".

I can't remember if deleting the file solves the problem - else you need to do the following:
    1. Close all open NAV clients.
    2. Open the file and search for "ReportIDXXXXX" where XXXXX is your Report ID.
    3. Delete all the PersonalizationObject nodes that you find.
    4. Save the file.
  • Options
    fazlehasanfazlehasan Member Posts: 62
    A report object was giving me the same issue, renumbering the report worked for me. Thanks.