Options

Assign GUID Variable - Solved

armelaarmela Member Posts: 20
edited 2016-05-03 in NAV Three Tier
Hello friends;

I have the following code
Where userrec is the user table in the 20000000120 range ad access control is the access control table in the 2000000053
I am trying to assign the GUID field “User Security ID” to the Access Control “User security id”

userrec.RESET;
userrec.SETRANGE("User Name",username);
IF userrec.FINDSET THEN
"Access Control"."User Security ID":=userrec."User Security ID";
MESSAGE(userrec."User Security ID");

The value in the Userrec .”User security ID” field is {c1fe3903-3639-4036-aeeb-9de2bd474cc9} but when I debug or when it assigns the value to the Access control table it changes to
{C1FE3903-3639-4036-AEEB-9DE2DB474CC9} where all the characters are capitalized.

Any ideas on how to copy the one GUID field value to the other without changing the characters to uppercase ?

Best Answer

• Options
    DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Answer ✓
    Both the fields are just Guid fields. Only difference the text presentation within NAV is lowercase and that of the debugger/message is uppercase. Your code should work perfectly fine depending on what your intention is with the assignment to the access control user security id field.

Answers

• Options
    DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Answer ✓
    Both the fields are just Guid fields. Only difference the text presentation within NAV is lowercase and that of the debugger/message is uppercase. Your code should work perfectly fine depending on what your intention is with the assignment to the access control user security id field.