Options

Stylesheet tool for NAV2016

aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
We have been using the Stylesheet tool to build custom stylesheets for years. As we move to NAV2016, the tool appears to still have some objects in the database, but not in the same form.

Does the tool still exist, and does it work?

I know about the custom report layouts and the ability to send to excel, but I'm looking for the hybrid solution.

Assume on a Sales Order I want to push information to excel to populate my pre-printed bill of lading (just a simple example).

How would I go about doing that, as I don't have a report to leverage, and sending to Excel would just dump the raw data.

Thanks in advance!
Adam

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    rnjbngrnjbng Member Posts: 82
    Hi-

As far as I know the Style sheet will need many more tables and forms which you need to find and import for version NAV 2016 and then using the Style sheet card you need to setup the required tables and relations and then on the Word template you need to add these fields from the tables, like fill in the blanks for example you template will be

This is with reference to your salesperson <Code>, code will come from a table to the template and then also on the Style sheet application management codeunit you need to modify to trigger the Style sheet 2000000066 table excel or word and that will invoke your style sheet.

I don't see any reason why it will not work in NAV 2016 as long as you find the add on objects for NAV 2016.
  • Options
    aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    Thanks for your response, although I'm not sure it helped. I did take the Stylesheet tool for 2013 and import it into 2016, but there are several errors that occur during compilation, such as:

Could not load type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Integration.Office.Word.WordHelper.'Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Integration.Office, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35''.

and

Could not load type 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.ApplicationClass.'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c''.

I know it has something to do with the Add-ins, but not sure what else needs to be done, or where I would get the dlls.
  • Options
    adleyadley Member Posts: 1
    The Style Sheet Tool for Microsoft Dynamics NAV2013 is available in Mibuso Downloads Section. PHP Training in Chennai :)

The Style Sheet Tool for Microsoft Dynamics NAV2013 enhances the Style Sheet feature in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 by allowing you to easily and without programming knowledge create and modify style sheets in Microsoft Office Word. Web Designing Training in Chennai :)

Changes to Style Sheet tool for NAV 2013. 1.Multi-multiline support is added, so it is now possible to add several multiline records to the style sheet. Note though that records can not be indented, but added sequentially.

2.Setup page is modified to add Open/Save/Send options. Web Designing Training in Chennai :)

3.In NAV 2009, codeunit 50000 was released for automatic integration of the Style Sheet functionality with pages. Pages were then exported in xml format and modified by running codeunit 50000, to add style sheet actions.

This no longer works for NAV2013, as export /import of objects in xml format is no longer an option. Hence, adding Style Sheet Action (button) to each page must be done manually.

Follow the example below when adding the style sheet action to a page:

i. Add the action to the action designer (under appropriate group) with following properties:

Expanded Type SubType Name Caption
    0 Action <Action680> Style Sheets

ii. OnAction trigger should contain following line:

StyleSheetDataMgt.LoadStylesheetDataRTC(GETPOSITION,CURRENTKEY,PAGE::"");

where StyleSheetDataMgt is a variable of type codeunit, 682 (Style Sheet Data Management).