Options

How to track data modification on Page level?

SelakSelak Member Posts: 3
Hi all!

I have trouble with tracking changes on Page level.

I wanted to use Codeunit 1 Application Mgt. "OnGlobalModify", but it says that "// Replaced by OnDataBaseModify. This trigger is only called from pages.".

It means that trigger runs only when table trigger validated.

Does anybody have idea how track activities from Page?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Options
    Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    Do you want to track all changes on every page/table or is it just about a single / some Pages?
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    edited 2016-05-03
    Selak wrote: »
    ... This trigger is only called from pages.
    It means that trigger runs only when table trigger validated.

How comes you are persuaded the comment means something different from what it says?

The comment says (and rightly so), that function is what you are looking for. So, go ahead and use it.

• Options
    Wisa123 wrote: »
    Do you want to track all changes on every page/table or is it just about a single / some Pages?

I want to track all Pages, so I need to use some general functionality.
  • Options
    vaprog wrote: »

How comes you are persuaded the comment means something different from what it says?

The comment says (and rightly so), that function is what you are looking for. So, go ahead and use it.

I tested triggers which should work on Page level, but not. So that's why ask maybe I should do in another way or use another functionality.
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    edited 2016-05-03
    Did you remember to respond to the system's call to GetGlobalTableTriggerMask (ID 20)?

And this set of functions (ID 21..24; OnGlobalInsert/-Modify/-Delete/-Rename) is not called from code, even if that code is contained within a Page object.

What technical version of NAV do you run?