Options

My RTC is runnnig fine for the user , But when i try to RUN Table or Page from Development get error

divyesh10divyesh10 Member Posts: 71
My RTC is runnnig fine for the user , But when i try to RUN Table or Page from Development get error
There are no NAV Server instances available for this database. You must ensure that a NAV Server instance is running and is configured to use the database before you perform this activity.

Thanks for help in advance

Answers

• Options
    DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    Make sure you have the correct instance selected:

File > Database > Information > Server Instance

If none are available then the error is correct.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Hey divyesh10,

Though you have configured your instance but you should check that it has been listed there in File > Database > Information > Server Instance.

Navigate to above push the lookup and cross-check you have instance available there.
  • Options
    Thanks for you quick response.

When i run RTC for the same user directly i am not facing the error.
    i.e the service is configured correctly as its running for RTC
    BUt for the same User if i am trying to run from development envn. it doenot show service and gives error.

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    Verify that the firewall is opened for the Server Port (usually 7046) and the Management Port (usually 7045) on the corresponding box where the service is running.

Of course, traffic needs to be possible on your development box just as well as on the server box. And the management port needs to be enabled on the NST.
  • Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    and you could review the settings in the development environment under: Tools - Options.
    \\
    The truth exists in seven versions.
  • Options
    Thanks for your time ...
    Service is actually accessed by the User in RTC but not Accessed from development env.

This error is resolved after some random time but i dont know reason behind the same.
  • Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    Restarting the NAV Service Tier makes it re-register itself by storing a new record in the system table Server Instance. This probably what fixed the issue.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Options
    Kylehardin,

I have restarted the NAV Service Tier and Server too.
    But its not working.
  • Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    This sounds like a SQL server permission problem. The account that the NAV Service tier is running under - could be a domain account, could be NETWORK SERVICE - needs to have the db_owner SQL role in your NAV database in order to be able to write into the table dbo.Server Instance.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint