Options

Outlook integration limitations - possible to automate it with job queues? Office365?

TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 85
Hi,

I have configured a demo environment with Outlook Integration following Microsoft guidelines (NAV2016, Outlook2013).

If I have understood it correctly, the synchronization is triggered always from the Outlook client using the "Synchronize" option.

I wonder if there is a way to trigger it from NAV, for example once a week using the job queues or something like that.

I am asking about an scenario where the users don't access often to the Office client, because they access through Office365 from their mobile phones for example. Is there another way to synchronize contacts, etc, that does not involve opening Outlook client and hitting the button?

Thanks,

Tomas

Answers

• Options
    evandeveerdonkevandeveerdonk Member Posts: 49
    Hi Tomas,
    we had a lot of issues with Outlook integration, so we developed our own solution. One of the major benefits is that it's all (back) in NAV, so you have all the flexibility you need.
    Let me know if we can help you with the problems of your customer
    Ernst
    http://www.vssolutions NAV-Outlook synchronisation re-invented.
  • Options
    TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 85
    Hi Ernst,

I have had a look at your solution and looks good. If I understand it correctly one of the features would be to trigger the synchronization from NAV (kind of NAS or job queue) so you don't need the users to be running the synchronization from Outlook. Is that correct?

So, can you send us more information? Maybe send me a private message and we'll get in contact with you?

Thanks,

Tomas