Multi company Item's

Hola, tenemos una empresa con NAV 5 y en el sistema se tienen 5 empresas, el problema que tenemos es que tenemos que tener en todas las empresas los productos (solo algunos campos), clientes y proveedores con la misma información. Y el proceso de hacerse manual ha impactado en muchos errores. Tienen alguna solución o alternativa para solucionar mi problema?? Gracias

No escribo muy bien el ingles pero el texto lo traduzco de Google:

Hello, we have a company with NAV 5 in the system have 5 Companies , The problem we have that is we have to have bathroom All Companies Products ( adj some fields only ), customers and suppliers with the same information. And the process of becoming the manual has impacted many mistakes. Any solution or alternative have to solve my problem ?? Thank you

Comments

• eedobsoneedobson Member Posts: 16
    Hello. Some solutions we've used, all of which have cost either in time or fees. I don't know if these tools are available in NAV 5; you may want to investigate upgrading. This process will also be MUCH simpler if you pick a single company to be the "master" and push updates out to the other 4 companies.
    - use NAV's RapidStart tool kit to extract from one company and update the others
    - RapidiOnline (rapidionline.com) ETL tools
    - Scribe (scribesoft.com) ETL tools
    - custom NAV webservices

Regards,

Liz
  • ivanvanityivanvanity Member Posts: 2
    Thanks,
    And it can not do directly in SQL or some workflow NAV ?
  • eedobsoneedobson Member Posts: 16
    I'm not a NAV developer, but my understanding is that writing to NAV tables directly from SQL isn't best practice. the NAV table validations won't be triggered, so you could end up with corrupt or invalid data.

Liz
  • parmparm Member Posts: 49
    Hi,
    You can create some C/AL code to synchronize some fields between companies.
    Please note that some fields can't (shouldn't) be synchronized. For instance the item "Inventory Posting Group" may have different configuration values and it's necessary to take extra care before synchronize this field.
    I can assist you if you need help.

Regards,

parm
  • swpoloswpolo Member Posts: 80
    Hi Ivan,
    You can use this simple code on OnModify trigger of Item Table. Substitute Field1 to actual name of the field.

if Company.FINDSET then
    REPEAT
    ItemRec.CHANGECOMPANY(Company.Name);
    IF ItemRec.GET("No.") THEN BEGIN
    ItemRec.field1 := Field1;
    ItemRec.MODIFY;
    END;
    UNTIL Company.NEXT=0;

Suppose it will help
    Nav Upgrades and DEV outsourcing
    Reports transformation to RDLC
    List -1h , Complex List -3h, Document -4h (dev hours)
    navisionupgrade.com
  • LMAGLMAG Member Posts: 3
    Otra posibilidad es cambiar la propiedad de la tabla: " DataPerCompany " = No.
    de esta manera la tabla es única para todas las empresas de la base.
    Y la modificación se puede hacer en cualquier Company.
    Pruebe a base de pruebas para verificar .
  • taher.bhataher.bha Member Posts: 48
    LMAG wrote: »
    Otra posibilidad es cambiar la propiedad de la tabla: " DataPerCompany " = No.
    de esta manera la tabla es única para todas las empresas de la base.
    Y la modificación se puede hacer en cualquier Company.
    Pruebe a base de pruebas para verificar .

I won't recommend this solution as some fields of the Item table shouldn't be shared, specially the "Cost is Adjusted" field which is updated once the Inventory Adjustment is finished.
    If the field is set to true in Company A, the inventory adjustment won't run in Company B.