E-commerce for NAV 2009R2: who tunes up the web-site part of integration?

Hello NAV Experts!
I am NAV developer. My Customer uses Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 based solution and he wants to create an integration with web-site using build-in Web-Service functionality.
As I understand from various posts, there may be certain issues related with connection to and authentication with NAV based web-services.

My question is who is usually responsible for Web part of integration?
For example, NAV developer creates all the necessary functionality in NAV, publishes it and tests the functionality using SoupUI tool. It works fine. Now the functionality should be accessed from the web. Looking ahead I see several options:
- Customer’s web-developer is fully responsible for developing proper connection with web-service;
- Customer’s web-developer is partially responsible for developing proper connection with web-service;
- NAV Developer is responsible for developing proper connection with web-service, or at least provide customer with working code samples.
-
How do you usually treat this question? I understand that the answer can vary from customer to customer, but still how does it usually work? Please share your experience!

Answers

• EvREvR Member Posts: 178
    I would say, go for option 4.
    Don't try to reinvent the wheel by creating your own custom solution and go for an out-of-the-box solution that works right away. There are plenty of options out there and it will save you from bad headaches by not having yes, no, yes, no arguments between the NAV and web companies.

For example, idyn has a great solution :)
    idyn.nl/products/e-commerce/nav-commerce