Options

How to make connection between NAV 2009 on terminal server and outlook on the local machines?

I'm new to NAV, make a research, but I can find, that everybody mentioning 'the TS is going to be very tricky when it comes to synchronising with Outlook on local machines'... But haven't found any decision yet.

We're using NAV 2009 Classic Client (exclusively) and use a Terminal Server to run NAV. All other programs (especially Outlook and Office) are installed on their local machines.

When NAV and Outlook run on the same machine everything is just fine, but not when Outlook runs on the local machine and NAV runs on a Terminal Server session.

Could anyone help me?

Answers

• Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    It depends on what you are trying to do with Outlook integration. If it is just sending emails, then you could do something with SMTP and that wouldn't require a local Outlook client.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Options
    AstiniaAstinia Member Posts: 40
    yes, that works very fine when using SMTP. However, they want to use Outlook because sometimes it is necessary to add another comment or another attachment to the e-mail. That again works fine, when NAV and Outlook run on the same machine, but not when Outlook runs on the local machine and NAV runs on a Terminal Server session.
  • Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    You will have to install Outlook on the terminal server.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Options
    AstiniaAstinia Member Posts: 40
    That's not what I want to do.. Is there any other way? Thanks!