Options

Use of debugger and adding status messages to NAV Data upgrade

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi all,

I'm testing the conversion of a pretty large database from NAV2009 to NAV2016, and the "Step 2" moving it to 2015 (one of the steps) takes quite a long time. We have a number of custom tables that has caused the process to stop with an error. One of the errors perplexed me for quite awhile. It would have been simpler if I could have used the debugger and seen where the process was when it generated the error. So, does anyone know, in NAV2015

1. During a Data upgrade process, can you add your own Dialog boxes with progress indicators? The "standard" progress window of 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% if you have 4 companies isn't much help. I'd like to put a window in that displays which function is being executed. In the Pre-2009 "old days", I modified the upgrade codeunits all the time to give me more detailed status.

2. Can you use the debugger during the Data Upgrade process. I tried this a couple of times, starting the debugger and then select "Debug next session". I then got an error, but the Debugger didn't kick in.

Any experiences out there with either of these?

Thx

Ron
Ron

Best Answers

Answers