Log Dataport Usage in NAV2009R2

Hi,

We are going to upgrade our customer from NAV2009R2 to NAV2016. There for I want to monitor which dataports that the customer is still using. The dataports that they use will be redesigned to XML-ports. I saw a post for logging the report usage via de function FindPrinter in codeunit 1. Is there also a generic solution for dataports. I don't want to add code to each dataport.

Answers

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Afaik, no.
    But hey, how many dataports do they have? in my experience, i've never seen more than...10-20 dataports (not counting "oneshots") per company.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    edited 2016-02-09
    Only way i can see is to export all changed MenuSuites & Forms/Pages as Text and look which Dataports are actually available for the user. Above mentioned "OneShots" shouldnt usually be visible to the user.

In the Textfile look for non Standard Dataport ID's (you know where im going with this).
    Compile a List and hand it to your customer and let them tell you what they are still using.

Depending on how many adjustments have been made this should help you out a bit.

Can't really come up with a better solution right now.
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev