Options

RDLC problem with translation of month name

zeonzeon Member Posts: 130
edited 2016-02-05 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I have a customer with the Danish and English language installed.

When they print an order confirmation for a German customer with Language Code="DE", the month name of e.g Order Date is not translated to German. It says "4. February 2016" even though all other captions on the report is German.

Since the Order Date is a value, and not a caption, I guess the reason for the English format is due to the fact that they run NAV in English, as I can see that when the switch to Danish the order date will have a month name in Danish.

So, is there a way to get the month name formatted in German, besides installing the German language pack?

Answers

• Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    Is NAV doing the formatting of the date, or is it RDLC?

I believe, NAV takes those names from fin.stx, so likely you need to install the NAV language.
    Alternatives are doing the date formatting yourself. You can use SELECTSTR together with an ML text for month names, Or you may install German captions to the Date table and use that.

In the RDLC layout you should be able to set the locale it should use. If you pass the date as type date, not string, RDLC should be able to correctly format the date. I've never actually done this, so, you might just want to try.