Options

Why do the textboxes in the RDLC layout disapear when I adjust the layout? [NAV 2015 CU12 - R10074]

zaq1028zaq1028 Member Posts: 19
I am attempting to update R10074 Sales Invoice, but whenever I change anything in the layout, 15 textboxes near the footer disappear. It happens when I resize the report, add a textbox, or move a textbox. I haven't found anything that doesn't cause them to disappear. I have attached images of before and after I increase the width of the report.

yw84v8a985xr.jpg

Best Answer

• Options
    perception99perception99 Member Posts: 9
    Answer ✓
    "The issue was in the metadata of the report, which can be removed by exporting the report as text, re-importing it, compiling it, and finally restarting the service."

Yeah guys I solved his problem you're welcome. Give me a badge now.

Answers

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Try to export the layout, modify it (to make them disappear) and then close/save/reopen the report.
    It can be only a visual bug of the report designer.
    you can also try to resize the textboxes theirselves and see if they disappear
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    It is not just a visual bug, the fields are gone.
    If I resize any textbox, including the disappearing ones, they disappear.

I have tried cutting them and then pasting them back in place, but I receive errors when I try to save the object (within the Development Environment). It complains about a Top property for a textbox (BreakdownLabel3) being negative. The only Top property I know is under Location (under Position), and that is 0.48641in.
  • Options
    You must resize the textboxes young padawan.
  • Options
    The issue was in the metadata of the report, which can be removed by exporting the report as text, re-importing it, compiling it, and finally restarting the service.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    "The issue was in the metadata of the report, which can be removed by exporting the report as text, re-importing it, compiling it, and finally restarting the service."

Yeah guys I solved his problem you're welcome. Give me a badge now.