Options

Good book for NAV 2015 or 2016

IvonaKIvonaK Member Posts: 114

Hello,

I am a NAV programmer with 3 years working experience, and I want to read some good books for NAV 2015/2016.

Can somebody suggest me a good book for NAV 2015 or 2016.

Any advice,

Thanks,

Answers

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    edited 2016-02-01
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Be aware that NAV 2016 brings a lot of news (events are the most impactful as a developer)...not that they will make the "pre-2016" books obsolete, but read the books while keeping in mind that some things changed and can be done in other ways :)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    edited 2016-02-02
    I could not disagree more, those books are the opposite of obsolete. I can say this, because I did the technical review for the reporting and the patterns books, and I did a quick review of the development one after it came out as well.

Even without events and other new NAV 2016 features, all three of those books are fantastic books. I would even say all current NAV professionals should buy all three, regardless of how much experience you have. There is a LOT of great information in them, I am certain that everyone can find some useful things.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    @DenSter wait, wait...i wrote "...NOT that they will make the "pre-2016" books obsolete..."
    I meant that these books ARE really good, BUT you have to keep in mind that there are ALSO new things that are not obviously included in the books. I'm thinking about the "hook patterns", that are highly impacted by the events. Sorry if i didn't hit the mark in my post, I hope this one clears it out.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Ah you're right, you did say it like that :smile: OK good, we both agree they are fantastic books :wink:
  • Options
    IvonaKIvonaK Member Posts: 114
    Ok, guys :smile:

Thanks a lot. I will get the books to read.
  • Options
    JuhlJuhl Member Posts: 724
    Stop promoting your company
    Follow me on my blog juhl.blog