error message when validate operations on Navision 4.0

kamel.hedikamel.hedi Member Posts: 61
Error message when validating operations on Navision 4.0. The OS of the client computer is Windows 2000.

The database is an SQL Server database. On the user's computers, I have installed The Navision Client. The Clients of Navision works normally on the Server but the following error message appear only when the OS of the client computer is Windows 2000 :

"Source : MBS Navision
Event ID : 1000
Type : error
Description :
Impossible to find the description of the event ID (1000) in the source (Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision). The local computer perhaps don't have necessary informations of Register or the DLL files of "messaging" to display messages coming of a distant computer finsql.exe; 4.0.019365; .........; msvcrt.dll; 6.1.9844.0
"

Did someone had an explication (I can't replace the Windows 2000 by the Windows XP because i have other applications working only on 2000).

Thanks
HKAMEL

Comments

• kamel.hedikamel.hedi Member Posts: 61
    For Windows XP, our NSC recommand us to install the SP2 (Service Pack)and Navision 4.0 works normally on this OS. But they don't give us an advice about installation on Windows 2000 ?

Did someone know what is the optimal Navision 4.0 setup on an Client computer to connect theSQL Server DB (minimal, customized......) on Windows 2000 or if there is a Service Pack to install on Windows 2000?

Thanks ?
    HKAMEL
  • kamel.hedikamel.hedi Member Posts: 61
    When using Windows XP with SP2 the message is displayed too.

"Source : MBS Navision
    Event ID : 1000
    Type : error
    Description :
    Impossible to find the description of the event ID (1000) in the source (Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision). The local computer perhaps don't have necessary informations of Register or the DLL files of "messaging" to display messages coming of a distant computer finsql.exe; 4.0.019365; .........; msvcrt.dll; 6.1.9844.0
    "

Sometimes, msvcrt.dll; is replaced by finsql.exe; 4.0.0.19365 ( the version of Navision)
    HKAMEL
  • ckndr47ckndr47 Member Posts: 100
    Hello one of fellow is having this error while running a code unit. I have copied that error from Event viewer, please guide me:

The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: finsql.exe, 4.0.1.21666, 430b4e86, finsql.exe, 4.0.1.21666, 430b4e86, 0, 0025be7a.
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 309
    Getting the same error message with 4.0.3
    The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: finsql.exe; 4.0.3.23305; 4511beb4; gdi32.dll; 5.2.3790.4033; 45e7c672; 0; 00020788.

Has anybody figured it out ?