SSL cannot be enabled when the certificate is not present

toLLtotoLLto Member Posts: 34
Hi,

I'm trying to enable SSL for SOAP and OData Web Services. I'm following this MSDN walkthrough. Certificate is installed and all required permission are granted. But when I try to activate the "Enable SSL" option I get an error: "SSL cannot be enabled when the certificate is not present". Please give me solution for this.

Comments

• postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    HI,
    You can enable SSL on web service either with Qualified SSL Certificate or Non Qualified SSL Certificate.

Refer Here For Non Qualified SSL Certificate Configuration -
    http://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2014/09/nav-2013-nav-2013-r2-web-services-with.html

and Here For Qualified SSL Certificate Configuration -
    http://saurav-nav.blogspot.in/2014/10/nav-2013-nav-2013-r2-web-services-with.html

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • toLLtotoLLto Member Posts: 34
    I'm using a Qualified SSL Certificate. I installed the certificate again according your blog post - same result. Still I'm not able switch "Enable SSL" on OData/SOAP, it looks like NAV cannot find this certificate
  • postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    I have tested it again and it seems to be working for me.
    Are you able to access the Windows Client?

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • nicojmbnicojmb Member Posts: 1
    I've same issue, canno enable de SSL checkbox, give this message "ssl cannot be enabled when the certificate is not present"
  • Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    edited 2016-06-20
    You need to paste the Certificate Thumbprint into the NAV Admin General tab and no, I could not find this documented anywhere. Found by trial and error.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com
  • AdamWelAdamWel Member Posts: 2
    edited 2016-08-18
    Hi @Dave_Cintron, I think your comment could be put in for comment of the year! I didn't see this at all and totally over looked it so many many thanks, I've been searching for the next clue for ages!

There is a 'However' unfortunately :wink:

I paste the Thumbprint of the certificate im using for NAV (Personal>Certificates>) from MMC into the the 'Certificate Thumbprint' on the General Tab of the Instance im running in NAV Administration.

But when I click save after pasting this Thumbprint: It pops up with a little red X box next to the field with the following error:

Your entry of 'a0e1.....0f03' is not an acceptable value for 'Certificate Thumbprint'. The value of the ServiceCertificateThumbprint configuration setting, "a0el...[rest of thumbprint]...0f03" contains the following invalid characters: "

And that's it, I'm back in the mud :(

Even though I am only pasting the certificate thumbprint without any characters such as: "
    Got an SSL Cert from godaddy with an external url (i.e. nav.client.com)

Any suggestions would be more then greatly appreciated

• DsmithDsmith Member Posts: 7
    When you copy the thumbprint, it adds a hidden character at the end. Copy the thumbprint into notepad and just copy the characters for the thumbprint.
  • AdamWelAdamWel Member Posts: 2
    @Dsmith Hero! Thanks!