The tablix has a detail member with inner members. Detail members can only contain static members

jensthomsenjensthomsen Member Posts: 173
I'm trying to create a simple document type report: The header is showing som info which should change based on the lines. I have a table (tablix) that is showing the lines in the body. I have created the Get/Set data functionality and it works...partly. I'm getting the same info on all the headers:-( By looking on som of the standard document reports, I have figured out that my hidden text-box and my table has to be inside a List (tablix), but when I try to move the (simple) tablix into the list I get this error when compiling the report:
The tablix has a detail member with inner members. Detail members can only contain static members

What am I missing here?

Comments

• postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,
    As you are referring a Standard Report, I guess you missed one Thing.

When You Add a List and Put Tablix inside List, Make Sure the List Grouping Should have a Value.

Suppose you are creating a Sales Order Report then List Grouping Should be - Document No..

Assign a Group in the Report and There will be no error.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • jensthomsenjensthomsen Member Posts: 173
    I have created a list with a group assigned, but when I try to add a table to the list I still got the error "The tablix has a detail ....." I have tried to do the same grouping on the table (inside the list) as on the list but doesn't work:-(
  • gerdhuebnergerdhuebner Member Posts: 155
    Has your outer list a Details Group?
    yes, it has a Details Group...shouldn't it?
    edited 2015-12-21
    The construction of the outer list is as follows:
    1.) Create a List (which is nothing else than a tablix with only a details group) on the report body and later make it fill the whole body area and set the DataSetName of the tablix to DataSet_Result:
    laqnyu6dai25.png
    2.) Add a parent group to the list with the group expression set to the field(s), you want a pagebreak between different values (for example DocNo). Set Pagebreak between group instances and delete the automatically inserted column but only the column, not the group.
    3.) Delete the details group. At the end, the list should look like this:
    hjhcca8jdx6z.png
    4.) Create a rectangle outside of the list and drag it into the list to replace the (default) textbox.
    5.) Insert further tablixes, textboxes, etc. into the rectangle or drag existing tablixes, etc. into the rectangle.

Hi gerdhuebner. MANY THX for your answer it helped med comming through:-) I'm aware that I've could have achieved the same result by "just" doing grouping in the table-tablix, but in this way I've learned A LOT about the document-reporting. So again: Thank you for taking you time to answer me:-)
    you're welcome!
    Here I am again:-)
    Is it possible to add a header within the outer tablix that changes with the group the header should be repeated on every page. I'm aware of the GETDATA/SETDATA solution but isn't there an easier solution?
  • RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Header of the Tablix??