Options

Unable to register WinForms.tlb when installing Nav 2015 client Rollup 9 and 13

Hi,

I am trying to install the Nav 2015 client on 3 of our terminals. Only everytime I get the following error:
Microsoft Dynamics NAV build 41779
Foutrapport
Client
Client-onderdelen van Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Onherstelbare fout bij installatie.

Kan geen typebibliotheek registreren voor bestand C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinForms.tlb. Neem contact op met het ondersteuningspersoneel.)
Gemaakt op "XENAPP04"
23-11-2015 20:50

Which is in English something like: Unable to register typelibrary for file <path>

The Nav 2009 client is currently installed and I can't remove that one yet, but I need to get the new client working before we can start migrating the NAV server. Any suggestions how to fix this?? I see similar errors with the NAV 2013 client, I already tried modifing the MSi file with orce.exe, but that didn't help.

Comments

• Options
    LazyadminLazyadmin Member Posts: 3
    edited 2015-11-25
    Removing the old 2009 client is not the solution...

The actual error in the msi log file is:
    Product: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 RoleTailored Client -- Error 1911. Could not register type library for file C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.WinForms.tlb.  Contact your support personnel.

• Options
    LazyadminLazyadmin Member Posts: 3
    I found the solution, removing KB3072630 will fix the error. This Windows Update prevenst execution of malicious code using the windows installer.
  • Options
    mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    wow, thx for the update