Options

Tablix does not show on first page of report

zaq1028zaq1028 Member Posts: 19
I am customizing the Sales Order report so that only a small amount of header information is showed on subsequent pages.
I moved the Sold To, Ship To, and other header information into the body of the report, so that it only gets displayed once. The problem is, the tablix that shows the line details does not show on the first page, it gets pushed back to the second page. Does anybody know how to resolve this?
[I checked the tablix properties and none of the page breaks, row headers, or column headers preferences are set.]
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,
    Are there two tablix in body one for displaying header fields and one for displaying Line data?

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    Nope. Just one tablix. All of the "header" fields are in text boxes.
  • Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,
    I think this would be more logical.
    In the body as you said its a standard report - There will be a list which is Grouped on Doc Type, Doc No and Output No.

Create a New Table with only Header rows, add all your page header fields which you want to show ones in that table Header section.
    Next table will be the standard sales line table.
    ** Even if you want to use the text boxes then text boxes should be inside the table row as the behaviour of textbox in body is unpredictable.
    ** Either use single table Header row and put all textbox inside that row.
    ** Or use multiple table Header rows to display your header fields.

I am sure that this should resolve your issue. Please try and let me know your results.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    When you told me to create a new table, did you want me to create a new tablix or matrix?

I migrated the content from the text boxes to a tablix (and removed the row grouping) but it has the same result. Although there was plenty of room for the Sales Line Tablix, it still did not get displayed until the second page.

Any other suggestions?
  • Options
    An update on my quest.
    I was able to get the Sales Line Tablix to print on the first page by going into the Table1_Group1 Properties and unchecking the Page Break Option "Also at the start of a group".

The current issue I am facing is getting the partial header details (the ones I only want on the front page) to show up on subsequent "copies" (created by the Number of Copies option on the request page).
    Any ideas?