Options

Outlook synchronization tool

avalanceavalance Member Posts: 1
Hi guys,

I am newbie in the world of MS Dynamics NAV and I'm facing a problem with Outlook Synchronization tool (NAV2015 with outlook 2010 32bit).

I followed all the guidelines I found on the web regarding Setting up the Synchronization between NAV and Outlook but I am stacked in the last step before the synchronization process.

Let me be more specific...
I made with ease all the configuration on a specific salesperson of my Cronus company (The user has Super role etc).

I setup five lines on Outlook Sync. User Setup, (two of them APP and TASK with the filter option)

I've publish the webservice.

I run the change log and I opened the Outlook for the setup within the application.

I the connection line I put the link according to the details I've found on the web and I chose the company I've made the setup on Dynamics NAV.

On the next tab I saw the folder and I matched them with the Contact, Calendar and Tasks folder I made specific for the sychronization.
Everything looked fine until that point, but as soon as I push the sychronization button , the bulb turned red and I saw on the event log the following message :smile:

Server instance: TEST
User:
Type: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.WebMetadata.ServiceBrokerException
HttpStatusCode: InternalServerError
Message: Service " /Codeunit/DynamicsNAVsynchOutlook" was not found!
StackTrace:
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.WebServices.WebServiceUrlInfo.ParseUri(Uri uri, Uri endpointUri, IEnumerable`1 allowCompanyNames)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.WebServices.ServiceBroker.Invoke(Boolean isSoapMessage, Uri url, XmlReader input, TextWriter output, NavUserAuthentication navUserAuth)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.WebServices.NavWebService.<>c__DisplayClass5.<>c__DisplayClass7.<ProcessMessage>b__3()
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.WebServices.Disposer.Scope(Code code)
at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.WebServices.NavWebService.ProcessMessage(Message message)
at SyncInvokeProcessMessage(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)
Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Service.WebServices
HResult: -2146233088

Does someone has a clue / of have faced in the past the same issue and know/ how is possible to fix this?

Thank you guys in advance!

:smile:

Comments

• Options
    evandeveerdonkevandeveerdonk Member Posts: 49
    Hi Avalance,
    Me and a collegue have had many issues with this with different customers, so basically, we re-designed this functionality. (And it works)
    If you haven't found a solution yet, send me a message and we can see how we can deal with your issue.

Ernst
    http://www.vssolutions NAV-Outlook synchronisation re-invented.