Options

How to install NAV W1 2013 R2 on Windows 8.1 running on Parallels

RosvitaRosvita Member Posts: 3
A humble question from a beginner: I have downloaded MS Dynamics NAV W1 2013 R2 from mibuso.com. I have tried to install Role Tailored Client - I have run Microsoft Dynamics NAV Role Tailored Client (type Windows Installer Package), but soon after start I got a message "Error reading from file: C:\Program Files\navw12013r2.7z Folder\RoleTailoredClient\program files\Microsoft NAV\71\Role Tailored Client\Images\About.png. Verify the file exists and that you can access it. I have no idea how to proceed.
Thanks in advance for any hint/advise,
Rosvita

Comments

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    edited 2015-11-19
    Hi Rosvita,

While Installing Navision remember two Things -
    1. Run the Setup as administrator.

2. Please the Product DVD as a Folder which have a small Name and Near to Root. In your Case i feel your DVD Is Placed at C:\Program Files\navw12013r2.7z Folder.

Do Following
    a. Rename to Folder (navw12013r2.7z Folder) with a Small Name Like NAV2013R2.
    b. Place this rename Folder in Root Folder (C:\ Or D).

Reasons - The File path that need to copied during installation is so Big that windows unable to read the file.

Let me know if any issues otherwise please mark issue as closed.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    edited 2015-11-20
    Hi Saurav,

I have followed your instructions, I have shortened the name and I have placed the folder in the Root Folder. After I had run RoleTailoredClient --> Microsoft Dynamics NAV Role Tailored Client (of type Windows Installer Package) I got a message as follows: Source file not found: c:\nav2013r2\Role Tailored Client\program files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\Role Tailored Client\Finhlink.exe. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. There is no file named Finhlink.exe.
    Did I use a correct installing procedure at all?

Thank you very much for your help,
    Rosvita
  • Options
    mylaimadhumylaimadhu Member Posts: 2
    Dear Rosvita

can I have the link for MS Dynamics NAV W1 2013 R2 ?

I could not find actually

thanks.
    Best Regards,
    Mylaimadu
  • Options
    http://mibuso.com/downloads/microsoft-dynamics-nav-w1-2013-r2
    I had tried this one first, but since the finhlink.exe file was not found I followed an advise to try another version that contained this file, so I installed demo version from this link: http://dynamicsuser.net/media/g/nav_official/default.aspx
    It works for a sales role. Can somebody advice, how to set a financial or purchase role with this demo installation?
    Thanks and kind regards,
    Rosvita
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!