Options

Translation problems after upgrade

gtrgtr Member Posts: 131
Hello,

I upgraded a NAV 2013 (french) to NAV 2016 (french) and have the following troubles with translations :

The content of all pages is translated in french but :
  • The Ribbon contains contains always some english text like : New, Edit, View, Delete ...
  • The Navigation pane does not translate "Role center" and "Home"
  • The Application Menu is in english

I'm connected in language = french. When I select Language = English, Nav starts in french again.

I also installed a 2016 Demo and there is no problem of translation and I can change language.

Any hints would be welcome !

Comments

• Options
    Sorry but it seems not to be an upgrade issue :
    Because I have moved the database on a cloud so I can work on it from any location.
    But the upgrade has been done on my laptop and there is no translation problem !
    I re- restored the database on the cloud but the result is the same : the elements I indicated in my initial post are not translated - all the other things on pages etc are translated.
  • Options
    SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    Hi,

The mentioned elements are resource entries from client/server DLLs. I assume you missed to install the platform localizations.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help, but are you sure of this ?
    Let me give my actions I've done :
    I first installed Dynamics NAV (french localization with the demo.
    This demo version has all translations ok.
    Then I retored my customers database that I have prepared on another machine (on which all translations are OK too) - on the same machine and the same sql instance : and there the translations I mentionned are missing.

The resources you mentionne : I suppose that they come from dynamics nav 2016 installation - the install support I'm using is french localized - I do not dispose of the W1 installation files but only the localized one.

Its very urgent to find a solution so I'm ready to make any tests you suggest !

• Options
    SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    edited 2015-11-21
    Sounds like This ;) Can you check for fr-XX (Most likely fr-FR) like subfolders in Client and Server Folders? And check the contained DLLs with a working installation?
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • Options
    Hello,

On C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\RoleTailored Client I have among others this folders :
    ENU containing fin.etx & fin.stx
    FRA containing fin.etx & fin.stx
    en-US containing devitpro.chm
    fr-FR containing 10 dll's

On C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\Service I have among others this folders :
    fr-FR containing 3 dll's
    Translations containing nothing

I compared the name of this folders and files with my local nav2016 installation that works fine (with translations ok) - can't see any difference
  • Options
    I made the following test :
    On the local PC, I have a NAV2016 database called NAV2016Test01 (a copie of the demo database) - no translation problem
    backup - restore on the cloud :
    no translation problem

As I have done the same procedure for my customers database, meaning :
    On the local PC, I have the NAV2016 customer database - no translation problem
    backup - restore on the cloud :
    Translation problem !

I conclude that the way I upgraded my customers database (issue of a french localized 2013 NAV) on the local PC was not perfect - I will check this and come back

One strange in the upgraded customer base : I saw that the system tables had no CaptionML. So I imported the system tables from the working demo but this did not change anything.
    I have to say that we have tested the most important features in the upgraded customer base with the translation problem, and there were no other problems (in particular the french translations of all the other elements in Dynamics NAV 2016 except those i mentionned in my initial post).
  • Options
    I again made the whole upgrade process and this time I have no translation issue any more :)

The upgrade process is inspired by http://saurav-nav.blogspot.fr/2015/10/microsoft-dynamics-nav-2016-data.html
    Thanks to this Bolg !

For the reason why it did not work before - I don't know : I wonder if made an error when importing the upgrade tool ? :
    UpgradeToolKit\Data Conversion Tools\Upgrade700900.fob
    rather than :
    UpgradeToolKit\Local Objects\Upgrade700900.FR.fob
    Would this have the consequences I described ?

Glad it works now - Thanks again for your help ...
  • Options
    I just discovered that even if all the translations in french are ok - I still can't change to english language - any ideas ?