Options

Finding the hidden fields in Visual Studio Reports - Example report 204

TSNAVTSNAV Member Posts: 2
Hi, I have worked with the hidden field before when creating a report and connecting it with the header. However now I am going to change existing reports (204, 206 and 208). Lets take report 204 "Sales Quote" as an example. I can see the hidden field in visual studio. However I don't seem to be able to select it (seems to be behind another field) and I don't know its name, so I cannot access it in properties where I have the list of all the fields. Can anybody help me with either selecting the field or telling me its name.

Best regards.

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    In Visual Studio there is a view called 'Document Outline' that will show you all the elements of the RDLC file, in a hierarchical tree thingy. Depending on your VS version it's either directly on the View menu, or it is under 'Other Windows'. Mine says the shortcut key is Ctrl+Alt+T. It should dock in the same area as the Solution Explorer.
  • Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,

You can always Drag down the table which is in front of the hidden field. Below are the textbox names for the Reports that you listed above -

204 - Sales - Quote => CustAddr
    206 - Sales - Invoice =>CustAddr
    208 - Sales - Shipment =>ShipToAddr

Hope it resolves your issue.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    TSNAVTSNAV Member Posts: 2
    Great, thanks postsaurav!

The field is called table3 for report 204.
  • Options
    Hi,

there is one more way to deal with this issue without "touching" layout.
    In Solution Explorer window (Ctrl+Alt+L) right click on report.rdlc and select Open with "Xmp(Text) Editor". Search for "SetData" and you will find those 3 controls.
    You can either mofidy code straight there (in Report.rdlc window) or
    find the name of control and then in Report.rdlc[Design] window search this field in Properties and then modify Hidden Property.

Cheers,
    Sigma