Options

XDS Policy allows to update record with restricted value

PandasamaPandasama Member Posts: 3
Hi
I have a XDS Policy (Security/Policies) on table TheTable. It's allowed field TheField values Value1, Value2 and denies field TheField values RestrictedValue1, RestrictedValue2.
"Operation" property of Policy set to "ALL OPERATIONS"
Policy works correct, showing only record from TheTable with allowed values of TheField.
But if i try to edit record, and change TheField from allowed Value1 to restricted RestrictedValue1 - Policy allows me to save record (and then if if reload table/form - i cant see edited record, of course).

If i use Record Level Security in same case - it works correct, and doesnt allow me to save edited record with restricted value of TheField.

BTW, policy work right if i create new record with restricted value of TheField.

Is this Policy proper (even though strange) behavior or i just do something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    chichi Member Posts: 17
    Hi

Your Policy is proper. With your setup, we can understand how the Policy works as following:

- The Policy just allows user to select/insert/update/delete TheTable records with allowed values of TheField => you are able to edit record and change TheField value from Value1 to RestrictedValue1=> it's correct.
    - You can do a simple test by changing the "Operation" property to "Update" and test 2 below scenarios to understand easily the behavior of policy:
    1. Try to edit record, and change TheField from Value1 to RestrictedValue1
    2. Try to edit record, and change TheField from RestrictedValue1to Value1

Hope it is helpful.

Best regards