Could not load MSXML.XMLHTTPRequest

zeonzeon Member Posts: 130
edited 2015-08-18 in NAV Three Tier
I am using dotnet to send xml to a webservice. Works fine on me dev machine, but not on-site at the customer. I am getting this error:

Could not load type 'MSXML.XMLHTTPRequest.'Microsoft.MSXML, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a''.

What do I need to install? Thanks!

Comments

• vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi

Try installing MSXML 6.0 or you can install NAV on that machine, as Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0 Service Pack 1 is installed as a pre-requisite.

I hope this helps
    Thanks.
  • TFCrowtherTFCrowther Member Posts: 35
    I had a similar issue setting up a new clean App Server for the NAV Service.

Tried downloading and installing the various msxml6.msi installers.
    They successfully installed but nothing was registered in the GAC??

What I used from another server with VS & SQL Server installed was: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\microsoft.msxml.dll

To register this to the GAC via powershell (without Gacutil.exe) I downloaded
    https://powershellgac.codeplex.com/documentation?referringTitle=Home

In Powershell find the Modules Folder to extract the GAC folder too.
    PS C:\Windows\system32> $env:PSModulePath

PS C:\Windows\system32> Import-Module Gac
    Register the dll
    PS C:\Windows\system32> Add-GacAssembly C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\Service\Add-ins\microsoft.msxml.dll

Your Web Service codeunit should compile and the dll appear in C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.MSXML
  • vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,116
    Instead of trying to fix this issue you might want to take into consideration the following information by Microsoft:

The use of MSXML is not supported in .NET applications