Create PDF with BullZip in NAV2013

cnowakcnowak Member Posts: 2
edited 2013-11-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi all,
i try to create a PDF Process "Server Side" in NAV 2013. I want to merge the invoce with another PDF by using Bullzip.
At first i have converted the code from Rashed (http://mibuso.com/blogs/ara3n/2008/08/01/save-nav-reports-to-pdf/) to .net.

When i start my Codeunit, the BullZip Promt is displayed, however i set "Showsettings" to "never".

I think, BullZip dosen't look to the "Runonce.ini", if it was started from the Service-Tier.
Any idea ?

Thank you for any help.

Comments

• vremeni4vremeni4 Member Posts: 323
    Hi,

There is a default command in NAV 2013, SAVEASPDF and also Send Email.

Frankly speaking there is no need to use bullzip or any other PDF emailing any more.
    If you do it you are re-inventing the wheel.

I hope this helps.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    Since you want to merge pdf files, have you considered using the saveaspdf first, then issuing a separate batch command to do the bullzip merge?
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • cwhmycwhmy Member Posts: 24
    vremeni4 wrote: »
    Hi,

There is a default command in NAV 2013, SAVEASPDF and also Send Email.

Frankly speaking there is no need to use bullzip or any other PDF emailing any more.
    If you do it you are re-inventing the wheel.

I hope this helps.

Hi Experts,

Well, old topic, new question, I'm developing to print Word documents saved in BLOB field (imported through import feature of our product) to PDF and merging of docs after that, which means the Word contents are never be fixed.

That can not be achieved by SaveAsPDF (not even any workaround by not using any third-party), isn't it? Not even in Nav2016?
  • cwhmycwhmy Member Posts: 24
    up
  • kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    You probably need to make a new post, rather than bumping one from 3 years ago for a different topic.

You are going to have to call Word as a DotNet variable in order to get the BLOB converted from Word to PDF.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • gerdhuebnergerdhuebner Member Posts: 155
    kylehardin wrote: »
    ...You are going to have to call Word as a DotNet variable in order to get the BLOB converted from Word to PDF.
    Well, together with NAV 2016 and may be with former versions, too, comes along a server-sided AddIn called PdfWriter with a method ConvertToPdf. Actually this AddIn uses the third party library Aspose.Words to do the conversion. This AddIn is called in Codeunit 9651 in function ConvertToPdf, e.g. - Interestingly, this AddIn doesn't need Word to be installed in order to work properly...

• kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    And we all learn something new today. :)
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint