Excel button missing

rungisrungis Member Posts: 10
edited 2014-12-11 in NAV Three Tier
I am running NAV2013 7.0.34713.0 and can not see the excel button in the ribbon.

Any ideas why?

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Setup can only install the Excel Add-in if Excel 2010 is present on the target computer. Are you using 2010 or an older version (2003, 2007)?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh167079(v=nav.70).aspx
    Have you tried customizing the ribbon?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh879067(v=nav.70).aspx
  • rungisrungis Member Posts: 10
    I am using Office 2013

I am opening different database at same PC, in some database I can see this Excel button, not in others.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I would check the basics first.

Add & Remove Programs -> Click On Office 2013 ->Change->Repair
    just to make sure everything is good.

Then I'd check if all my permissions are the same in your different databases.
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    rungis wrote:
    I am using Office 2013

I am opening different database at same PC, in some database I can see this Excel button, not in others.

Hi

It isn't a wrong Excel installation... i think Rungis talk about "export to excel" button inside NAV...

Check your Profile on your database.
    "Export to excel" button was added on ribbon with a profile customization (administrative mode) by microsoft.

You can access the functionality on the menu under "Print & Send" or customizing your page moving the button to the ribbon bar.

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • rungisrungis Member Posts: 10
    Print and Send does neither work, the error I get is in attachment.

Could not load file or assembly 'DocumentFormat.OpenXml, Version=2.0.5022.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
  • Jen100Jen100 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Have you resolved this issue?

Could not load file or assembly 'DocumentFormat.OpenXml, Version=2.0.5022.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I have the same error when exporting to excel.
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi,

I'm not sure problem is solved or not. Did you try to reinstall Open XML again? You can find at under installer folder "Prerequisite Components". Here is download link for version 2.0 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5124.

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    Hi all.

We also have an issue with Send to Excel in NAV2013, although our issue is a little different.

We have two terminal servers. Both have Office Professional Plus 2007 SP3 installed. On one of the Terminal Servers, Send to Excel works as expected. Excel opens and table data is displayed. On the other TS, however, clicking send to excel (CTRL+E) results in Excel creating and opening a new blank worksheet (no data). Both have the Excel Add-On for NAV installed.

I tried repairing the OpenXML install suggested in this thread, but that did not resolve the issue.

We considered upgrading both to Office 2010, but i'm curious as to why 2007 works in one environment, but not the other.
    kind of fell into this...
  • TomigsTomigs Member Posts: 85
    Old thread, but in case it helps: in some computers we were receiving the following error exporting packages to Excel through RapidStart (NAV2015):
    A call to Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.OpenXML.SpreadSheet.WorkbookWriter.Created failed with this message: Could not load file or assembly ‘DocumentFormat.OpenXml, Version = 2.5.5631.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken = 31b… or one of its dependencies
    In the server it worked fine, but not in customer's local computers.
    The solution was to upgrade Open xml to 2.5 in their computers (they had version 2.0 installed).
  • archer89archer89 Member Posts: 337
    Check If dll DocumentFormat.OpenXml is installed, maybe in addin folder, maybe in gac (global assembly cache). Maybe you have installed a different version.
    best regards
    Franz Kalchmair, MVP
    Alias: Jonathan Archer

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thx.
    Blog: http://moxie4nav.wordpress.com/