How to expand Native database size when I dont have super

kmkaotkmkaot Member Posts: 261
Dear all

Can anybody tell me how to get the password for my super user id?
Now I want expand my Native database size and I don't have super user id password.

Please help me,,

KMK

Comments

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Contact the person that has got super user rights (or at least the right to alter the database).
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • kmkaotkmkaot Member Posts: 261
    Nobody is having. Me only that stupid forgot password and getting more hyper everyday.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Are you allowed to perform a NAV backup through Tools -> Backup?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    All other users are accessing making entries(no database,No company,No object designer). I have two users was with me sa with super role and kmk with super roles. are missing passwords. I am unable to take backup, create new company or alter database.

I put support request, after 10 days of threaded communication, they said can't help and They billed me US$ 189 for their un solved service.

Warm Regards
    KMK
    Then there is nothing we can do. If you lost the passwords of the 2 super users, then it's you (or your company) to blame. As you aren't able to go to the Object Designer either, you can't import a fob to reset or guess the passwords. Maybe the database can be send to Microsoft to investigate, but they will want $$$ for that. IF they do it.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Hi Luc Van Dyck,

Are you sure that MS can do something If send my FDB file?

If not I have a strategy like this

Copy all the Posted entries like invoices and Manual GL entries into XLS worksheet and format as per RIM data loading requirements and import to a new database. I have few reports and forms which I have changed. I have a FOB files also . I can import into New database.

Is it right?

Warm Regards
    KMK
  • ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    Maybe C/FRONT?
    kmkaot wrote:
    No, I'm not.

You should talk this over with your partner. A forum is not the right place to discuss the steps needed to get your NAV data in a new database. We don't know the customizations done on your database. We don't know which modules you use. Your partner does.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
  • ppavukppavuk Member Posts: 334
    Alex Chow wrote:
    This is one of the reasons why moving to SQL makes sense.
    Where is the "Like" button :)
    suggestion is to find user id and password.
    simple solution. --> login with any user id and find out user list.

you can recollect names and password..

warm regards
    kmk
  • bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    kmkaot wrote:
    No, I'm not.

Microsoft has not provided that service for some time.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.