Options

New user has to re-open database and company every time

bnyebnye Member Posts: 3
I recently added a new user to our Navision app. (NAV 5.0 SP1) and just got an email with the following:

"... every time she logs out of NAV she needs to re-open the Database and Company. Usually, you open these once and they stay. I’m not sure if it’s something with her setup, computer, or NAV itself ..."

I looked around for any options that would cause this, but didn't see any.

Any ideas how to make it like everybody else, so that when she clicks on the "Microsoft SQL Server Option for the CSIDE Client" icon that it brings up the company where she last was?

Thanks.

Bill

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There must be some problem with saving the fin.zup file. Try to look at this... (e.g. you can try to use process monitor to look possible issues when writing/reading this file).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    aquawateraquawater Member Posts: 71
    why don't u set parameters on the shortcut?

servername=172.16.X.X, nettype=Default, ntauthentication=no, Database=DATABASE NAME, Company=COMPANY NAME
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    And you can also add ID=x:\yyy\zzz.zup to define where you want to put the zup-file.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    bnyebnye Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, All.

I ended up just adding Database=DATABASE NAME, Company=COMPANY NAME to the shortcut, and that seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks again.

Bill
  • Options
    Thomas_HThomas_H Member Posts: 4
    edited 2015-11-19
    Hi all,
    Have the same issue with version 5.0 (6.00.32843) in a Citrix environement. User first got an error message that ZUP was corrupted. We restored a file from previous backup without success. Since then, user has to re insert Server and DB info every time he connects and can not save customizations.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
  • Options
    satbirsatbir Member Posts: 33
    check if the user has permission to write/modify files in the folder where zup file is saved.
  • Options
    Thomas_HThomas_H Member Posts: 4
    No, usually the file is saved when desconnecting from the system by the Window user profile service (Server Windows 2008).
  • Options
    VerndroidVerndroid Member Posts: 18
    Have you tried simply deleting the existing .zup-file for that user ? If the file is corrupt NAV might not be able to write to it and a simple deletion of the file might bring you back on track.