NAV 2013 RTC for client error

ajithnavajithnav Member Posts: 16
edited 2014-05-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,
I installed NAV2013 RTC on my client machine but when i try to connect the NAV instance from the client machine it gives me an error. The connection is working properly from the server machine.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV
The client could not establish a connection to the Nav service.

FaultCode = 'InternalServiceFault'

Reason = 'The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the <serviceDebug> configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs.'
OK

If any one has a slution please reply. I am attaching the screenshots also for your reference.
Thanks,
Ajith

Answers

• dave_cdave_c Member Posts: 46
    I get that error when connecting a NAV 2013 client to a 2009 R2 middle teir, are you trying to connect to the correct middle tier?
  • ajithnavajithnav Member Posts: 16
    Hi Dave,
    dave c wrote:
    I get that error when connecting a NAV 2013 client to a 2009 R2 middle teir, are you trying to connect to the correct middle tier?

I am trying open the Client tier.
    I open my Development environment then Goto Pages=>No. 30=>Click on run.I get the error. ](*,)
    On clicking it tries to open RTC.
    Thanks,
    Ajith
  • Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT]Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 78
    Do you have both NAV 201# and NAV 2009 installed? I have seen problem appearing with this configuration when running page from development environment.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Peter Wibeck
    Software Development Engineer in Test
    Dynamics NAV Server and Installer team
    http://blog.wibeck.org/
    "Peter wrote:
    "]Do you have both NAV 201# and NAV 2009 installed? I have seen problem appearing with this configuration when running page from development environment.
    Hi Peter,
    Yes i have both NAV 2009 R2 and 2013 installed on my system. But If it try to open 2013RTC by directly(clicking on the RTC icon) rather than running the pages from development environment, i am able to open RTC without any problem.
    Thanks,
    Ajith
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What was installed later? 2009 or 2013?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT]Peter_Wibeck_[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 78
    The problem is that the development environment will start the RTC client that was last installed independently what version of development environment you are starting it from.
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”

Peter Wibeck
    Software Development Engineer in Test
    Dynamics NAV Server and Installer team
    http://blog.wibeck.org/
    Hi Peter,
    Thanks for the solution. I uninstalled 2009 and then tried it working fine now.

Hi Kamil,
    2009 was installed first, later 2013.
    Thanks,
    Ajith
  • gandhi_nklgandhi_nkl Member Posts: 44
    Hi All,

Thanks everyone. I also faced same problem.after read this forum,my issues got solved.

Thanks for the solution.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Muthu
  • Thierry_GofflotThierry_Gofflot Member Posts: 3
    Good morning,

I've the same problem but I use both Nav2009 and Nav2013 so I don't want to uninstall Nav2009. Do you have another solution for this problem?
  • wicwic Member Posts: 96
    same problem here: as we are "close to MS" we have to install 5 differents versions of your application (nav2009SP1/nav2009R2/build a/build b/build C... and now NAV2013/...) so we have to be able to denote the system which client should be started.
    try to debug #-o or to develop without RTC client running!!

thanx to quickly give us a solution....

Chris
    #### Only one can survive ######
  • deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    For a quick solution i suggest to use these registry batches to switch between NAV installations:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/german_nav_developer/archive/2013/02/18/registry-trick-nav-2009-und-nav-2013-run-page-246-ffnet-rtc.aspx

It's in german but i think anyone will get what its about.

For a better solution i suggest to use a handler application that asks you about which version you want to open the URI. We internally use a tool that is based on a sharepoint list where we have all our databases listed, with version and build information. This way i can parse the uri to get routed to the right client version.
    Once you have such a tool you never want to give it back again.
  • geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Good morning,

I've the same problem but I use both Nav2009 and Nav2013 so I don't want to uninstall Nav2009. Do you have another solution for this problem?

A "lower level" solution, for you development environment could be:
    - Use a virtual machine for Nav2009 and other older versions.
    - Keep installed Nav2013 on your pc and copy the installation directory from another pc.
  • lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    deV.ch wrote:
    For a quick solution i suggest to use these registry batches to switch between NAV installations:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/german_nav_developer/archive/2013/02/18/registry-trick-nav-2009-und-nav-2013-run-page-246-ffnet-rtc.aspx
    Made my day. Thanx.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community