Options

ODBC error 3423

TED@DESCOTED@DESCO Member Posts: 2
edited 2001-09-01 in Navision Financials
I am running Navision Financials on a C/SIDE database with version 2.01 objects, 2.5 executables and v2.5 C/ODBC. I have an Access97 database that is ODBC linked to the Production Order Routing Line table in Navision as part of a time/labor gathering program. We have 5 locations throughout the country and I am trying to have all locations use this same program via Citrix metaframe. The problem I have run into is that each user who opens the Access database uses a license.

Instead of having 10 copies of this database running (each open copy takes a license), I decided to try creating an Access97 database as an intermediate step which would be linked to the production order routing line table in Navision and then ODBC linking this table to the Labor program in the existing Access97 database. I have no problem creating the C/ODBC link from Navision to the intermediate database that I want to share, but when I go to ODBC link this intermediate Access database to the existing Labor database I get Error 3423 which states:

"You cannot use ODBC to import from, export to, or link an external Microsoft Jet or ISAM database table to your database. (Error 3423)You are attempting to link, import data from, or export data to either an external Microsoft Jet table or an external ISAM database table (for example, dBASE, FoxPro, Paradox, or Btrieve), but you've selected <SQL Database> as the data source. You must select the appropriate data source for the data you're attempting to link."

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem or can you suggest another way to accomplish my goal of having multiple locations able to share an ODBC linked Access97 application while only using 1 license?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ted Krueger