Manifest Upload Error -EShip

sowmyasridharsowmyasridhar Member Posts: 19
edited 2011-06-30 in Navision Attain
We use NAV 5.0 SP1.We get following error message when we post Manifest (Function->Post Manifest). We are using EShip for 5 months now. We could never upload Manifest successfully. I could upload once yesterday. After that I cannot do it. I always get the following error message. Did anyone had this problem before? We get this error in UPSLink dot net Management CU. It uses UPSLink Automation to upload the Manifest. I don't know how it worked once yesterday. Please help.

Answers

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I'm guessing we are on an older version
    but how ours works is when posting the manifest it creates a file (or seperate files if you have more than 1 ups account) to a specified directory.
    It is specified in the Packing Station in a field called "UPS Manifest Upload Directory" field 14000764.
    Usually c:\eship or if mapped to a network drive we have to make sure the computer posting the manifest has the network drive connected.

then in CU UPS Transaction 14000761 - there is code to open a UPS website.
    OpenManifestWebSite(CurrentShippingAgentAccount : Record "UPS Shipping Agent Account")
    CurrentShippingAgentAccount.TESTFIELD("Manifest Version");
    WITH CurrentShippingAgentAccount DO BEGIN
      CASE "Manifest Version" OF
        "Manifest Version"::"2.00":
          HYPERLINK('https://www.pld.ups.com/hmu');
        ELSE
          HYPERLINK('https://www.pld.ups.com/hmu');
      END;
    END;

internet explorer then opens up https://www.pld.ups.com/hmu
    where we have to login & manually upload the files.

you say you sucessfully did it once. so was that using a different packing station than the ones that crash?
    if so compare packing station setups

Ask you Nav partner to come in & check your eship add-on.

you can have them add sounds too - we find it very helpful
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13007

http://biloltd.net/Mibuso/SOUND-CloseOrder.WAV
    http://biloltd.net/Mibuso/SOUND-OpenOrder.WAV
    http://biloltd.net/Mibuso/SOUND-ScaleError.WAV
  • sowmyasridharsowmyasridhar Member Posts: 19
    Yes, you are right. We are using the latest version. Before we use to upload to this site manually. In the latest version, when we post Manifest, it automatically uploads the Manifest in the UPS website (behind the scenes) . We have installed their dlls on our citrix servers. We get this error message when we post it. In the beginning I thought it could be a firewall issue as I could upload once successfully from home. But that it is not a case. I tried again yesterday evening, I get the same error message. It is the same packaging station.
    We don't use Citrix so I can't answer about that.
    Perhaps that's an issue.
    Are the Dll's installed on the pc's too?

That automatic upload sounds great, when it works.
    I would assume you could manually upload it too as a backup/alternate method :-k

Did you try turning on the debugger to find exactly where it's stopping?
    Do you know where these files are being stored before upload?
    The dlls are not installed on PCs. It is just installed on the servers. We usually create the file in the c:\SE_Files\Shipping\UPS folder. Right now it is not creating the file in that folder because of the error message. It fails in the UPSlink dot NET Management (CU 14050008).

IF UPSlink.UploadPld(
    ManifestUploadDirectory,UploadFileNamePath,PickupDateText,PldSeqNumber,URCFileName,
    WVFileName,MailCount,MailRefList,MailFileList,UPSlinkAppMsgID)

The UPSLink is automation (dll file sent by Lanham). I don't know what is there in that dll file as it is binary.
    Since the versions are different this is as far as I can go with you on a forum.

Perhaps someone else can chime in. Do you not have an active Nav partner to help you?

To me, logically, the file would have to be create FIRST before any upload can begin.So since it can't open the file, you have to make sure the directory exists "c:\sSE_Files\Shipping\UPS folder."
    on all machines running eship. And that each packing station is setup correctly.
    I see (ManifestUploadDirectory,UploadFileNamePath) these values must be stored somewhere in your system.
    You need to find them either in UPS Setup & Packing Station Setup and make sure that the specified directories actually exist on each machine.

Again this really sounds like a setup issue and you need to get someone over to your business to help you in person.

won't hurt to add c:\eship folder to every pc and change the maifestupload directory to c:\eship & see what happens.

If the PC's don't have the Dll's & how does eship know to write the files to a directory that the Citrix Server can read? on the pc that is posting can citrix read that pc's c:\ drive? I'm only familiar with RDC
    Yes, you are right. I am sorry. I checked it again. The files are created in this folder. When I go to that folder, I can open the files and we have the data in that files.
    Yes, you are right. I am sorry. I checked it again. The files are created in this folder. When I go to that folder, I can open the files and we have the data in that files.

That's good at least you can manually upload the daily manifest if the automation fails \:D/

so it sound like your Citrix server isn't finding or able to read those files in there current location.
    Unfortunately we cannot upload manually in the latest version of EShip (when we use UPSLink). Lanham helped us. They Recommissoned the UPSLink Setup and by running Setup Additional Workstation in all citrix servers resolving the issue.