Options

error 1 : incorrect function on starting server service

-zed--zed- Member Posts: 3
edited 2005-01-05 in Navision Attain
hello all, ive just stumbled accross this site and it looks pretty good.

i was wondering if anyone can help me out ive searched for my error code but it returned about 17 pages of results, after the first 6 i decided there was nothing there to help me.

i have a database backup delivered to me from hong kong every week and i restore it onto a database here in the uk ive done this many times and occasionally i get the error:

could not start navision server zakc01 service on local computer
error 1: incorrect function

before hand i have had to recreate the database and restore the hk database again, but since this is happening quite often now i thought i would try and solve the issue.

thanks for any help you can share.

Z

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Try starting the Navision server in a DOS-box. This way you will get a more descriptive errormessage ... at least most of the time.

Locate the directory where the Navision server program (server.exe) is installed, open a DOS-box and navigate to that directory. Finally type "server.exe" to start the Navision server.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    -zed--zed- Member Posts: 3
    thanks luc van dyck it appears that the server couldnt start becuase it couldnt find the database, i pointed it in the right directory and bam, everything is running smoothly.