Options

This message is for C/AL programmers...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Tommy_SchouTommy_Schou Member Posts: 117
    Did you try something as simple as registering the DLL in NAV the old fashioned way?

Start NAV Classic. Select "Tools, Custom Controls." Now select "Control, Browse". Find you .dll and "open it". Now NAV will register it for you.
    Best regards
    Tommy
  • Options
    nhsejthnhsejth Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 34
    If the COM server only runs on a platform that have the SDK installed, I would assume that you have dependencies to assemblies installed by the SDK which you don't deploy on the other machines. Use a tool like reflector to check run time dependencies.

Another investigation you could perform is to analyse the tlb file with the old com viewer from the Visual Studio sdk. That will atleast tell you if the object exposes the COM interface you expect.

You cannot use the classic client to register the COM server. That's is only for the old OCX objects.

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    FranklinFranklin Member Posts: 253
    Thx I´ll try...