Options

Redesign Report Layout on 3 tier

BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
edited 2010-09-01 in NAV Tips & Tricks
here's a useful link a colleague suggested me.
It lists some of the features that existed in classic reports, and how to replicate them in RDLC, enjoy!
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd338753.aspx
-Mirko-
"Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
My Blog

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Very helpful :thumbsup:

It would be even more helpful if there were sections on this list on how to create the pageloop and copyloop. It would be great if there were a section on how to re-create a rudimentary invoice (or shipment, or proforma, order confirmation, something like that) from scratch. Start with nothing, and explain how to build a proper document type report.
  • Options
    Manual NA2009_ENUS_REP_03.pdf
    page 27 (chapter Anatomy of the Sales Invoice Report)
    i couldn't find time to read it, but i think that it clarifies a lot of questions we have about that damn 206th report :wink:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The NA version of the sales invoice is very different from the WW version. I think Daniel is looking for the NA version.

After digging around, the least documented portion is the GetData and the SetData used on the report. On my blog, I described how to add fields to the header portion of the document. It's not an easy process, by the way.
  • Options
    Alex Chow wrote:
    ...the least documented portion is the GetData and the SetData used on the report...
    I did it this morning!crappy, indeed.
    Especially the fact that i wanted to print the page number in the body section of the rdlc. I created the setdata in the header, and the getdata in the body: blank textbox, because it seems that the body is rendered before the header :shock:
    Moreover, the "Globals!pagenumber" can only be used in the header section, so i couldn't use setdata in the body (because the parameter of the setdata is globals!pagenumber).
    i solved it (credits to a colleague of mine, too) by creating a footer section, and i put the Getdata (which is, the page number) in there.
    the strange thin is that in the preview you can see the correct page number, but you can't see it in the PRINT preview.
    If you save the report as pdf, the value of the getdata function appears in the pdf file. :-k
    Last note: Reportitem!<textbox> is visible only in preview mode, but the value disappears in the PRINT preview, and also in the final print (or pdf)
    I hope to have explained it clearly (i've not read your blog post, Alex...i probably repeated something, sorry if it is the case)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog