Options

Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series Access Points

nthainthai Member Posts: 22
I'm implementing a Wireless Network for my 300,000 (1000 feet long, 300 feet deep and 30 feet tall) square feet warehouse. I've purchased some Hawking Technology Hi-Gain Antennas (15dbi up to 1 mile) and some Hawking Technology Hi-Gain 300N Access Points. I just realized that the Operating Temperature my the Hawking Access Point is at Max 104 F degree and during the summer months, the Warehouse temperature reaches 108 F degree at the ground floor and upward to 120 F degree (or more) close to the ceiling.
I have decided to return the Hawking Access Points and am LOOKING at this Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series Access Points. It has Operating Temperature upward to 120 F degree.
This Cisco 1240AG is $515/ea and I need at least 5 of them.

I'm using Intermec CK3 Handheld Barcode Scanner (recomended by Lanham). For Navision, I'm using ADCS.

Does anyone has any positive experience or successful implementation with Cisco 1240AG Access Point?
Or do you have any recomendation for an Access Point for Warehouse project?

NIEM THAI

Comments

• Options
    abrahamlincolnabrahamlincoln Member Posts: 1
    The Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series is a component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network, a comprehensive solution that delivers an integrated, end-to-end wired and wireless network. Using the radio and network management features of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network for simplified deployment, the Cisco Aironet 1240AG Series extends the security, scalability, reliability, ease of deployment, and manageability available in wired networks to the wireless LAN.
  • Options
    Jan_VeenendaalJan_Veenendaal Member Posts: 206
    edited 2016-04-12
    @abrahamlincoln we can read marketing documents elsewhere. Where is your answer to the question ?
    Jan Veenendaal
  • Options
    parmparm Member Posts: 49
    Hi,

Let me start with a little joke. Maybe a cooling system will increase warehouse throughput more than wireless access :)

And now the real stuff. As I know, the different equipments on the market with same price range are similar and don't have real impact at implementation. For me the key factor is to know is coverage needs.
    - You need the same wifi access in warehouse or the "north area" has more traffic then the "south area"?
    - The height of the racks or the content of the racks (maybe metal) can affect the wifi coverage?
    - The scanner terminal can from begin of warehouse to the end (served be different access points in 1000 feet long) without loosing network?

Regards,

parm
  • Options
    GabrielAndersonGabrielAnderson Member Posts: 1
    edited 2016-11-07
    Hi.. just passed my 200-125 exam :) , i would like to thanks Mrcerts.com they have most updated Dumps.
  • Options
    pdfdumpspdfdumps Member Posts: 1
    Pass4sure a special segment for you in 210-065 Cisco professional pdf and testing Engine. This is known as as Cisco 210-065 implementing Cisco Video network devices v1.0 examination practice test. It has designed to be able to measure the command of the candidate on complicated and important factors of the certification exam. if you achieve getting your targeted score in 210-065 practice test, you're to pass your real exam with distinction.
    Pass4sure 210-065 Dumps