Options

Error while installing Navision on Vista

raykar_anupraykar_anup Member Posts: 9
Hi Friends,

I have Vista PC , i am trying to load Navision on that but i am getting this error message
"
Error 1722 there is a problem with windows Installer Package.A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.Contact ur support personnel or package vendor .Action
InstallDWfromMSI,Location:.....\dw20shared.msi"

"

awaiting your inputs to reslove these issues.

Thanks and Regards
Anup

Comments

• Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    Which version of nav of which version of Vista 32 or 64bit?

It looks like its just the MS error reporting tool so it shoudln't be to big a hassle, did you try installing nav in different ways?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Sometime you need to install vcredist_x86.exe (or vcredist_x64.exe) first to be able to install NAV. You can download these installers from MSFT site.
    (e.g. http://www.microsoft.com/DOWNLOADS/deta ... laylang=en)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    PhilipAvisPhilipAvis Member Posts: 10
    I have experienced the same issue on Windows 7. The solution was to turn off User Account Control (UAC). Then perform the installation. You can then turn UAC on again afterwards.
    In Windows 7 UAC is controlled under Control Panel\User Accounts\Change User Account Control Settings.
  • Options
    fufikkfufikk Member Posts: 104
    Turning off UAC also helps in installing Platform Roll-up Microsoft Dynamics NAV 4.0 SP3. With UAC on you only get message that installation was aborted and no changes were made to the system, without any additionoal info why installation was aborted. After UAC is off, roll-up installs without any errors.

Tested on win7.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What about not disabling the UAC but using the "Run As Administrator" in the context menu to run the installation correctly? ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    blacktoothxblacktoothx Member Posts: 8
    kine wrote:
    What about not disabling the UAC but using the "Run As Administrator" in the context menu to run the installation correctly? ;-)

For anyone else who is wondering, I verified that this method works to resolve the error messages installing on Windows 7 64-bit with NAV 5.0 SP1

First, Installed the 64-bit redist pkg http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953610
    Then, ran "Setup en-US" as administrator.