Options

ODBC & Navision Financials

nicholasnicholas Member Posts: 2
edited 2001-01-26 in Navision Financials
I am having a problem connecting to Navision Financials via ODBC. Using the C/ODBC driver I get this error:

ODBC error: [Navision Software a/s][Navision Financials ODBC Driver]ISAM Error

I receive this error when trying to connect to the live database on the server. In the configuration screen for the C/ODBC Driver if I click on the company button I get this error:

S0000 [Navision Software a/s][Navision Financials ODBC Driver]The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error ECONNREFUSED).You can see how to make changes in your 'hosts' and 'services' filed in the documentation for the network. Contact your system manager if you need assistance.

I have a backup of the database on my laptop and don't have a problem connecting to this database.

I also find that using the SQL Server driver I can connect but when I do I cannot gain access to all tables. I get the following error on some tables-

ODBC error:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find server 'CMCAustralia' in sysservers. Execute sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sysservers

and some of the other tables don't have all of their fields listed. Such as the GL Account table which does not list fields such as date filter, balance at date, net change.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    brucembrucem Member Posts: 86
    >>S0000 [Navision Software a/s][Navision Financials ODBC Driver]>>The TCP/IP connection's 'host' is not answering (TCP/IP error >>ECONNREFUSED).You can see how to make changes in your 'hosts' >>and 'services' filed in the documentation for the network.
    >>Contact your system manager if you need

Have you set up the odbc driver to use the correct directory and net library ??

>>ODBC error:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]>>Could not find server 'CMCAustralia' in sysservers. Execute >>sp_addlinkedserver to add the server to sysservers

Have you just upgraded tp SP3 ? This happened on my machine when i was using the syntax [Server].[Database].[Owner].[object] in views and stored procedures. To get around it remove the [server]. option

HTH

Bruce
  • Options
    John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    About no connection: If you are running on SQL server, use the MS SQL driver to make the connection, specifying the database to use on the server. If you are running C/Side, then use the Navision ODBC driver.

About missing fields: The FlowFields and FlowFilters in Navision are "virtual" fields in SQL database. This means that for Navision these fields exists, but for SQL not. There's a mechanism behind this technology, calling up the sumindex fields from other tables on SQL server through a couple of queries with xp's (extended procedures). Not easy to reproduce without fairly good programming knowledge, although it can be done (we did).

John