Options

Business analytics configurator problem when loading License

engumyengumy Member Posts: 3
Hello to all!

I have successfully installed Basic Business Analytics. I'm running SQL 2005, NAV 5.0. I also installed the advanced BA without any errors. When I start the advanced, it opens correctly. But when I try changing the license by following the procedure, I get an "Error 2 in Module 1" Error after I load the license and select the database. This does not hinder me from moving on to the next step. It configures the Advanced server and Security succesfuly but raises and error at the point of starting the advanced server. the Error is "Cannot start service ANTservice on computer '.'.

After that, I cant run the BA advanced again as it tells me "Server not found, Server not found". It might be an issue while finding the Server name or something I dont know. I've tried Kamil Sacek's suggestions of editing table 700 as he shows but to no avail! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Please please please, help me out here! Its kinda urgent. :cry:

any help or suggestions most appreciated as I have tried hard coding the table 700 as Kamil Sacek suggested, no messages on log files. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Thanks!

Erick Ngumy,
Kenya, E. Africa

Comments

• Options
    nelson_azevedonelson_azevedo Member Posts: 8
    Do you have created the subfolder containing “Configurator.exe” file and subfolder “Common” where Microsoft Dynamics NAV client is installed?
  • Options
    engumyengumy Member Posts: 3
    Do you have created the subfolder containing “Configurator.exe” file and subfolder “Common” where Microsoft Dynamics NAV client is installed?

Yes! Definitely. You cannot even install the BA Basic if you do not have the folder with the configurator. I created a permanent folder in the Program Files and called it BA. it contains both the configurator and the common subfolder. This is the same folder that I have specified its path in the Business Analytics set up in NAV 5.
  • Options
    nelson_azevedonelson_azevedo Member Posts: 8
    "Error 2 in Module 1" it's a licence problem. Is the .flf file in Microsoft Dynamics NAV client folder?
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Did you import the licence file or did you upload it?
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    _mon__mon_ Member Posts: 42
    I solved it renaming license to: cronus.flf