Options

Dynamics NAV Object Text File Splitter v0.02.03

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
edited 2010-02-09 in Download section
Dynamics NAV Object Text File Splitter
NOTF Splitter

With NAV Object Text File Splitter you can split up Dynamics NAV Object Text Files in a file per object.

. Multiple file selection
. Drag-and-drop
. Fast! Up to 60 files per second!

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1056

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• Options
    gaspodegaspode Member Posts: 19
    At first, I thought that this tool was not as good as the previous object splitter I was using - it didn't give me any option on how the object files should be named and I wasn't sure where it was going to put the files. I also didn't like the way it put each of the objects into its own subdirectory.

However, I soon realised that the objects got nicely placed in a new folder in the same location as the text file with a similar name to the text file. I could then select the Object folder (one for each version) and compare using Araxis Merge and it took care of the subfolders. This is so incredibly easy to use - especially after I integrate it with Windows explorer.

Nice tool. Thanks.

Just realised now I have done my comparison - it could really do with an option to join the text files back together for an easy import.

Also it didn't split some of the objects correctly - I got a menusuite object that had a customer card in the same file. That's not good!
    Woof!
  • Options
    jhoekjhoek Member Posts: 216
    Combining text files can be done using the copy command in a Command Prompt window, e.g.
    copy *.txt all.txt

combines all files that match pattern "*.txt" into a file called all.txt.
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    gaspodegaspode Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for that tip! I haven't tried this out since I created a NAV program to glue them back together, but do you know if this will recurse through the sub-directories?
    Woof!
  • Options
    [TweaK][TweaK] Member Posts: 14
    Does the application take Startup Parameters?
    I'd like to pass Source & Target Path along with what parameters should be enabled
  • Options
    jhoekjhoek Member Posts: 216
    gaspode wrote:
    Thanks for that tip! I haven't tried this out since I created a NAV program to glue them back together, but do you know if this will recurse through the sub-directories?

Don't think so. I checked "copy /?", and there doesn't seem to be a way to make it recursive.
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
    Dynamics NAV Object Text File Splitter v0.02.03
    NOTF Splitter

With NAV Object Text File Splitter you can split up Dynamics NAV Object Text Files in a file per object.

. Multiple file selection
    . Drag-and-drop
    . Fast! Up to 60 files per second!

Changes version 0.02.03:

MenuSuites are splitup correctly
    Pages included

Changes version 0.02.01:

Objects without a caption are now supported
    Fixed some typos
    Improved tray tip

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=1056

Discuss this download here.
  • Options
    eromeineromein Member Posts: 589
    I'm not sure how, but I did 2 split jobs, running at the same time, at 154 Objects per second!

That's two complete databases in less then 25 seconds!!

That's fast, right?
    "Real programmers don't comment their code.
    If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand."
  • Options
    DefDef Member Posts: 2
    There is a problem with the splitted files - they doesn't contain an empty line at the end like in standard NAV export. So, import in NAV will fail if you merge those object files again :bug:
  • Options
    reijermolenaarreijermolenaar Member Posts: 256
    Hi Emiel,

Supertool! I use it almost every day! \:D/
    Thanks for that.

I have a little suggestion if you plan to make a new version.
    It would be nice if the splitted files got the datetime stamp of the actual NAV objects.
    Then you can see which of the objects is newer in e.g. Beyond Compare without opening them.

(and a joiner would be nice…)

Regards,
    Reijer
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Looks and works good, Emiel.

Just one thing: I would like to have to option to have all object files in one directory instead of in a directory per objetc types. Then my liev is perfect. :wink:
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community