Options

Unable to download hotfix

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
Hi,
I can access Ms Partner source.
I login to MS Partner source , I try to down load the MS Dynamics NAV 4.0 SP3 Feature Pack 3 (HF-6) Indian localization.
When I down load this I am getting the below message , but I am not getting that Hotfix.

Microsoft Dynamics File Exchange System
Your file will begin downloading momentarily.
If the file doesn't automatically download, ensure you have installed the Active X control. To install the Active X control please be sure you have pop-ups enabled for this site.
Learn more about File Exchange and how to use it. “

What is the Problem.
hansika

Comments

• Options
    kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    You need to install Microsoft File Exchange and I think it's not working in firefox... Are you using Internet Explorer?
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    hansika wrote:
    Hi,
    I can access Ms Partner source.
    I login to MS Partner source , I try to down load the MS Dynamics NAV 4.0 SP3 Feature Pack 3 (HF-6) Indian localization.
    When I down load this I am getting the below message , but I am not getting that Hotfix.

Microsoft Dynamics File Exchange System
    Your file will begin downloading momentarily.
    If the file doesn't automatically download, ensure you have installed the Active X control. To install the Active X control please be sure you have pop-ups enabled for this site.
    Learn more about File Exchange and how to use it. “

What is the Problem.

Have you used the download tool on that specific computer with that specific browser before. If not read the documentation on the web site there is a big if using XP.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    manojmanoj Member Posts: 16
    I am also facing the same problem.. i am unable to download files from partner source..
    After installing Microsoft File Exchange setup which was guided by Microsoft Dynamics support i still faced the problem..

Thanks
    Manoj
  • Options
    peterbbrainpeterbbrain Member Posts: 10
    although this is an old thread I encountered the same problem today on my system, and managed to solve it.
    So this post is for everyone in need of a solution in the future 8)

The error message occurred over and over and I did not get it to work until I remember that I had some time ago problems with activex controls and a crashing IE, which I had solved by disabling a few active X controls,

The file transfer manager is supposed to be initialized by an active X with the name DLC class

To see if this is installed and enabled follow these steps in IE 8
      - go to menu tools/internet options - tab: Programs - button: Manage Add-ons - select add on type= "toolbars and extensions" and "downloaded controls" under Show - look for the line with Name: DLC Class and Publisher: Microsoft Corporation - if the line is not present you should install the active X control ( do not forget to enable Active X under the security settings for the zone where Microsoft.com is in ) - if the line is present check the enabled property and enable the control - you can also check the properties and make sure that microsoft.com is in the list with approved websites to run

These steps worked for me! \:D/
  • Options
    DekitoDekito Member Posts: 19
    I had the same problem, so I want to give you one more tip:
    It looks like File Transfer Manager does not work with 64-bit versions of Internet explorer.

Hope this helps someone :)
    Dekito
  • Options
    Maria-SMaria-S Member Posts: 90
    edited 2016-08-29
    I gave up with trying to make this file exchange system work with Windows 10 IE 11. I wanted to install NAV2015. Downloaded from http://mibuso.com/downloads/microsoft-dynamics-nav-w1-2015-cumulative-update-11-build-42603 finally.