Options

The Naivision DB size limitation

trulyjackytrulyjacky Member Posts: 24
edited 2004-05-02 in Navision Attain
Hi,

I think the largest size of Navision 3.7 DB is 128GB. But usually the licensed db size to a customer is 64GB. Unfortunately our sale-persons sometimes just forget to remind the customers of this difference. And one of customers feel unhappy of this difference.
I mean, he has purchased the license, and he found out that the licensed db size is 64GB. He said no one has ever told him this limitation and he insist on that another 64GB.

Does anyone know if he has to pay for that another 64GB? or just what can i explain to him? :oops:

Comments

• Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I presume your customers license can be modified free of charge. MBS just want to keep records of the installations with very large databases. Because, normally they'll have to 'upgrade' to SQL if they use a database of that size.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    craigbarbscraigbarbs Member Posts: 60
    It definitely wont be charged because I had a customer who needed the additional space and their license was upgraded free of charge.
  • Options
    trulyjackytrulyjacky Member Posts: 24
    :D That is really a good news. Thanks Luc and Craigbarbs, many thanks to both of you.