Options

Undo receipt - Subcontract

lallylally Member Posts: 323
Hi experts,

I send some Items to Subcontractor for service. After some days i received some items and Received that items (Not invoiced).

I found we done wrong posting that means Item Number different. So i gone to the posted purchase receipt . Then select the UNDO Receipt.

But it is not supporting to do that undo receipt.

Why it is not supporting for undo receipt when i receive the items from subcontractor.

It is working for general purchases.

Please give any solution to do undo receipt for Subcontract receipts.

thanks and regards
lally

Comments

• Options
    cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    It's not possible to undo subcontracing receipts, that's because you don't receive an item you recieive a service on a production order, the purchase order is linked to a production order. I've have earlier requested this to be a feature in NAV and hopefully it will be some day soon, until then you have to work out a workaround for this issue.
    Same question, different forum, same answer. Thanks for the backup noname!
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    lallylally Member Posts: 323
    Thanks,

then what is the best way if receive wrong item , or wrong qty from the subcontractor ?

how to correct that transaction ...............

I am expecting your answer.........
    lally
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Depends where the error is, raise a miscellaneous credit against the supplier, alter the reported quantioty on the next operation etc, however the cost roll up will still take into account the operation booking from the sub-contract order, it is just one of those transactions that is not flexible in NAV - Of course you need proper controls to inspect the goods inbound, so put the business control here, then it is simply a case of verifying the quality check.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    If you receive and post something wrong on a subcontractor purchorder then you must also post the invoice, you can post the invoice with 0 cost and then add another operation so that you can make one more subcontractor purchase order, or modify the existing operation.
    But if you have posted the invoice and then you see that something is wrong you can post negative output on that operation in the output journal so that the cost on the production order is right. In that way you don't need to revaluate the item cost. If you have changed status to finished on the production order the above will not work.
    noname wrote:
    If you receive and post something wrong on a subcontractor purchorder then you must also post the invoice, you can post the invoice with 0 cost and then add another operation so that you can make one more subcontractor purchase order, or modify the existing operation.
    But if you have posted the invoice and then you see that something is wrong you can post negative output on that operation in the output journal so that the cost on the production order is right. In that way you don't need to revaluate the item cost. If you have changed status to finished on the production order the above will not work.

Hi noname, I have the same case, and trying to find the workaround to undo receipt subcon.
    I can -ve adjustment the output, and create another operation on prod. order. Then I can create subcon PO, and receive the qty again.

But if we received for 2nd time, the finished qty on prod. order line also will be incremented.
    Can you advice how to handle for this one ?

Or please advice me which thread discussing this case ?

Many thanks.
  • Options
    Hi,

If the subcon is the last operation then it doubles the output. Add an operation after the subcon operation, just a dummy operation then you'll not get any output when posting the subcon purchase order.
    Do the following steps:
    1) modify source code, removing controls about Prod.Order fields; --> Undo receipt as usual
    2) Open the 'Production Journal' of the Prod.Order: get routing line of the subco. and type a negative 'Output Qty', correspondent to the Purch.Qty to undo.; use the 'Applyes-to-Entry'; post the Item Jrn.Line.
    You'll se capacity ledger entry and correspondent item ledger entry (if no wip subco.) done