Options

Disable Lookup from fields on a form.

jensthomsenjensthomsen Member Posts: 173
Hi
Are there any ways of preventing a lookup from a field on a certain form: For example on a copy of the customer card, I want to prevent the user from making F6 in the 'Post Code' field (I want to do this, because I'm changing company on the customer record, and don't want to do this for all the related tables).
Jens

Comments

• Options
    jlandeenjlandeen Member Posts: 524
    There is an OnLookup trigger for textboxes. If there is no code in this trigger then the related fields OnLookUp Trigger is used.

The way I see it there are 2 possible options:
    1) Use a text box and a text variable that are not actually the field that you are concerned with and then just copy the value back & forth between the onscreen variable and the field.

2) add a comment or some other code to the OnLookup trigger. If there is any code including a comment in the textboxes OnLookup trigger it should cause Navision to ignore the default field's OnLookup trigger. You should test this as it's been a while since I've played with that & it may not work in every version.
    Jeff Landeen - Sr. Consultant
    Epimatic Corp.

http://www.epimatic.com
  • Options
    MChilariMChilari Member Posts: 47
    Hi,

You can also do this by changing the Lookup Property of the TextBox to No. By Default it says <No>, but by changing it No, you won't get the Lookup arrow in the form.

Thanks
  • Options
    SandyA1125SandyA1125 Member Posts: 2
    That worked for me thanks !