Options

Change fin.STX

moh_baradamoh_barada Member Posts: 46
Dear all,
i was searching in your forum if there's any solution to change the STX file for a translation reason i didnt find very clear answer and most of these answer is getting on the same point that it's impossible to solve the problem.
I 've already create new batch that translate all navision to arabic. I sill have the menu top menu of navision.
i installed a tools for translation and i made the translation of STX file and generate the new fin.stx file.when putting this fin.stx file in the folder of the new version the system is giving error <there is a checksum error in the fin.stx file. The file has been changed or corrupted since it was installed...>
Best Regards
Mohamad Barada
Independent ERP & CRM Consultant
+961 70 912700

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Hello Moh

It is possible to change the fin.stx and make a translation.
    You need to download Navision Localization workbench. Read the PDF.
    Import the fin.stx. Make the changes and then Generate a new fin.stx
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    i did that but it giving me the error of <there is a checksum error in the fin.stx file. The file has been changed or corrupted since it was installed...>
    Best Regards
    Mohamad Barada
    +961 70 912700
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    After the changes, the FIN.STX file must be "sealed" (there is "sealstx" parameter for fin.exe, may be that it is there for this purpose), but I do not know what you need to be able to seal the file. May be just special MS license is enabled to do that.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    nunomaianunomaia Member Posts: 1,153
    I never found a way to make the checksum to Navision understtod modified STX, it would be nice to find it. :-k
    Nuno Maia

Freelance Dynamics AX
    Blog : http://axnmaia.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    moh_barada wrote:
    i did that but it giving me the error of <there is a checksum error in the fin.stx file. The file has been changed or corrupted since it was installed...>
    so what about <there is "sealstx" parameter for fin.exe, may be that it is there for this purpo> anybody knows how to seal the stx file.i have a partner license can i do it myself?
    Best Regards
    Mohamad Barada
    +961 70 912700
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think no. Partner license is not enough for that. Or I never found out how to do that.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.