Options

NAV4 SP3 - VT100 Plugin error

GargGarg Member Posts: 20
Hi

I am trying to setup ADCS to try warehouse barcode scanning.

I have installed acording to the documentation & i can see NAS connected to Navision.

When i use Hyperterminal to try and connect it says its connected however i do not see any info on the screen.

the Windows 2003 Server is coming up with the following error;

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Navision VT100 Plugin
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 8/1/2007
Time: 12:30:37 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER2
Description:
Could not communicate with Socket localhost:11322. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Garg

Comments

• Options
    girish.joshigirish.joshi Member Posts: 407
    Did you recently upgrade (technical) from SP2?
  • Options
    this is a new test install, we installed from nav4 sp3

Im also getting this error ;

Event Type: Warning
    Date: 7/31/2007
    Time: 4:13:09 PM
    Computer: SERVER2
    Description:
    There was a problem replying to internal key 16. A reply could not be received for terminal 16. Terminal will be resetted. Thread: 16

The Socket localhost:11322 is refering to the port for ADCS, in regedit under ADCS--> Applicaion Servers -->ADCSNAS1 it refers to this port number

regards

Garg
  • Options
    Garg,

Are you using Lanham's ADCS add-in? Or the standard NAV ADCS?
  • Options
    Hi girish.joshi

I am just trying to get the standard Navision one going.

thank you

Garg
  • Options
    well i uninstalled and then reinstalled and unfortunatly the same error is coming up. one thing i did notice was when i went regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Navision\ADCS\VT100Plugin\Symbol1

there was no CSS ServerIP,

could this be causing the problem? I dont know where this CSS comes from i must not have installed something?

regards

Garg
  • Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    The CSS Server IP adres has to be filled in. Even worse: it has got to be the same address the clients are using. So if the clients are connecting to 172.16.100.100, (which is ofcourse the server's address) it should have that address, and you cannot use 127.0.0.1, because that will fail with the same errormessage. If you are connecting to Localhost, use 127.0.0.1, not 172.16.100.100. ADCS is quite picky...

don't know if it's any clearer now :?
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Poltergeist.

I dont think i installed the CCS Server, because its not in the registry.

I cant seem to find Communication System Service on the CD? I may be missing something?

regards

Garg
  • Options
    jorgecphjorgecph Member Posts: 26
    CSS is not needed anymore, although the registry name is the same.

About your original question:

"Could not communicate with Socket localhost:11322. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it "

Please make certain that the NAS is running, and that it opened the TCP port 11322 (the default when the NAS is running with startupparameter=ADCS).

I would also recommend using the TCPView from Windows SysInternals "http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx". This way you can see if the ports that are suppose to be LISTENing are in fact in that state (11322 for the NAS and 6666 for the plugin).

Also, make certain that the firewall has been set up to allow listening in the corresponding ports.

Of course, this is assuming that the NAS started correctly, and you got the "Socket Port : 11322." on the Event Viewer of the NAS.
    Hi jorgecph

Thank you for your reply. This has been driving me crazy for nearly a week, and i thought it had something to do with CSS because it was in the manual however i could not find it to install...so i decided to install cronus to see if i can connect and it worked first time! When i changed the database & company name to our database in NAS i get the below error?

Event Type: Error
    Date: 7/08/2007
    Time: 11:42:55 AM
    Computer: SEVER02
    Description:
    Could not communicate with Socket localhost:11322. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Another thing i found was that our version is

Version AU 4.00 SP2 (4.0 SP3)

whereas Cronus is

Version AU 4.00 SP3 (4.0 SP3)

regards

Garg[/b]
  • Options
    well i am still having no luck.

Another thing i notice is when NAS starts up with Cronus DB (this is in event viewer)

I get the following;
    The following information is part of the event: Socket Port : 11322.

Whereas if i startup NAS with our database Australia. i get the following;
    he following information is part of the event: Named Pipe : RequestPipe_Australia__NAS1.

I dont know why the Australia. database is trying named pipe whereas the Cronus is Socket Port?
    If i look in the registry i cannot see requestpipe?
    thanks

Garg
  • Options
    ADCS can work with either named pipes or with Sockets.

It is part of the RF Setup table - nothing to do with the registry. Make sure that the communication type is set to sockets.

Also, the message "socket: 11322" is a good thing. unless it is immediately followed by your first message "couldn't communicate on 11322 because actively refused, etc."

Also, you have to start up the VT100 Plugin and the NAS in the right order. I think the VT100 plugin must be started first.
  • Options
    PerPer Member Posts: 46
    ADCS can work with either named pipes or with Sockets.

It is part of the RF Setup table - nothing to do with the registry. Make sure that the communication type is set to sockets.

It is only with Lanham ADCS that it is possible to use all versions of the Plug-in, without changing the codeunit 7700.

Another thing is that the order is not depending on each other. the process's can be restarted individually and in any order.
  • Options
    ssissi Member Posts: 39
    Our client "all of a sudden" started getting the error message noted in this discussion. We tried many different things including the recommendations in this discussion to no avail. The one thing we tried that finally resolved the issue was stopping Symantec AntiVirus, restarting NAS & VT100 and restarting AV. I just wanted to add this solution to the discussion so that others know that it is something to try.