Options

Posting Date in Adjust Cost-Item Entries

liyokeliyoke Member Posts: 7
Hi,

Hope someone can help, the scenario is as below:

1. User create sales order and post shipment on Feb 27.
2. User then post invoice for the said sales order on June 11.
3. On June 12, to close their May accounts, user runs Adjust Cost-Item Entries and enters May 31 for Closed Period Entry Posting Date.
4. User runs Post Inventory Cost to GL with the filter of Posting Date = May 1 to 31.
5. The cost adjustment for the June 11 invoice is shown in the Post Inventory Cost to GL report with the Posting Date of May 31.

The Navision F1-Help says:
The adjust Cost - Item Entries batch job processes only value entries that have not yet been adjusted. Entries created by this batch job will receive the posting date of the item ledger entries to which they are directly related, except when the related item ledger entry is in a closed accounting period, in which case the value entry will receive the posting date that you have entered in the request form.

Based on the F1-Help description, it seems that it is expected to work this way but users state that if they post an invoice in June, its' COGS should only be reflected in June.

Help or comments, anyone?
p/s. I posted the above scenario in both NAV4 SP1 and SP2, the results are the same.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    grigri Member Posts: 87
    hi
    in the same scenario
    try running post inventory cost to gl batch before running adjust cost and also after that.
    i did some tests on cronus and it seems to work the way you want.
    please, let me know if it works.
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Sounds looks like your Allow Posting From field on the General Ledger Setup is set to 7/1/07.

If the adjustment entry is not within the allowable posting date range specified on the General Ledger Setup, then it's going to use the date you specify on the Adjust Cost Item Entries process, in your case, 5/31/07.
  • Options
    The Allow Posting From was set to June 1 to June 30, but I will double-check on that.

I will also try the method tomorrow as suggested by gri, after which I will post the results here.

Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate the replies.
  • Options
    Hi,

I tested it out with the Allow Posting From = April 1, 2007; and Allow Posting To = June 30, 2007.

1. Run as usual, ie. Run Adjust Cost/Item Entries followed by Post Inventory Cost to G/L; Closed Entry Period Date for both is May 31, 2007.

2. Run Post Inventory Cost to G/L, followed by Adjust Cost/Item Entries, and then Post Inventory Cost to G/L again.

The result is the same for both tests, and that is the adjustments for the June invoices is still shown and updated with the date of May 31, 2007.

Any other solutions?

Thanks.