Options

Business Notification Server installation error

mihai.valceamihai.valcea Member Posts: 95
edited 2006-09-13 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,

I want to install Business Notification W1 and I got an error on BN Server Installation. The installer tell that BusinessNotification.logging.dll is missing.
I searched the installer source and this file exists more than 7 times but on different folders.
Is there any solution for thi issue ?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    vyankuvyanku Member Posts: 791
    try this uninstall navision and again install navision client with business notification option
  • Options
    The problems I encountered are on Additional Interfaces, BN Server installation not on client.

Thanks
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Member Posts: 93
    The file probably is not missing it is just that the path name is so long it can not read it.

Two options: Install from the SP1 CD through the splash screen

Extract a new copy of the disk1 image on the drive (do not move or copy it) and map a drive to the
    \Disk1\Additional Interfaces\BusinessNotificationServer folder and install by running the setup.exe that will shorten the path.
  • Options
    I also get the error on installing Business Notifiation Server That
    "CustmContactFormatter.dll.config" file not found.
    Also"BusinessNotification.logging.dll " not found
    I try to install through splash. But it also send me same error.
  • Options
    It seems that installation package is corrupt. I downloaded another from MBS and is ok.

The second problem I got is related to user needed to start the service.
    The service try to start using domain user thst I specified on the installation procedure. It tells me that the user does not have privileges to start the service.
    If I try to start the service using local user the service start but the installation cannot be completed because of error - "SQL NS registration failed".
    What can I do to have the service working ?
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Member Posts: 93
    1. Does the Domain user have any rights on the machine you are installing BN on?

Here is something I do for all BN installs just to get them up and running them I go back and tighten security if necessary

1. I create a new domain user account named BNService
    2. I make the user a domain administrator
    3. I make the user a Sysadmin on SQL server
    4. I make the user a SUPER user of Navision
    5. Before the install I go out to services and change the login on one of the more useless services to BNService and restart the service this will give the account "log-on as service" rights.
    6. Install BN as use the account created above.

When I use these steps I never have install issues.

NOTE: also make sure .Net Framework 2.0 is NOT installed on the BN machine as it will cause issues with the BN client.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    Thanks i installed BN .
    But I got one problem when I try to check the check box of send notification in navision it shows me error that u have to install BN server first to be able to send the notification.

R u suffering the same problem?
    can u help me?